• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boinc Stats

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks doods!! If you view the page and it looks messed up at some point it is most likely i was in the middle of changing some code. Try viewing it again in a few minutes. Hopefully I fixed my goof in that time. Laters

Jon

very nice.

now we need to integrate all our icons (rank jumper etc.)

good job and quickk too :)

One quick comment: the "days to overcome" column on the teams page seems to be calculated incorrectly. The correct formula (using TeamX as the team to pass and OC as Overclockers) should be (TeamX_Total - OC_Total) / (TeamOC_RAC - TeamX_RAC). I get 94 days for Ars Technica and 112 days for Knights who say Ni using the data from your page. It would also be really nice to be able to "add" those numbers to the current date to get a real date!

Thanks a bunch for your efforts so far! :clap:

Thanks for the formula fix. I just looked at the time to pass Synergy and thought it looked about right. Thats what I get for not checking my calcs... Also, i will look in to predicting whether we have already passed a team on not. I was going to only have the page update when the xml from berkeley updates but I could have it do it more frequently for that purpose.

Jon

Edit:
ewl2, some how I missed your post. That is next on my list. I need to do a bit of redesigning to but it should only take a few days. At some point I need to work on my homework... :(

Last edited:
Very nice!!! Couple of suggestions:

1: If you care at all yet about aesthetics - I would recommend changing font to Verdana or Tahoma - tends to lay out nicer than New Times Roman
2: Consider adding a "week average" idea that seti@work does - it gives the user a more solid feel for "real RAC" (I include a link below to the site)
3: Consider adding a Difference column, again - a good idea from the seti@work page.

For examples of the above see: http://boinc.setiatwork.com/team/stats.cgi?teamid=30199 - to get the other columns to show up you need to "lock on" to a user by clicking the little yellow croshair next to their country flag icon.

Again - very nice work - its awesome to see something that is "ours"!!
Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks for the suggestions. I see you just saw it. I am in the process of putting in all the colors you saw. I am trying to reproduce our stats first and improve from there. I really like the average idea. I will try to use as much of it as I can. Thanks for the feedback.

Jon

Wow, there are alot of great ideas coming, this site is going to kick ***....

heezer, screw the HW :)

LOL, yeah thats about what I have been doing. I need to rewrite a paper tonight but beisdes that. This is sooo much more fun. Yeah, I am a CS loser. I like to code. :D

Edit: Byt he end of tonight I HOPE to have the average for the week, the fire icon, and the rank movement arrows. We'll see though...

ok, cool. I will start running my new versions to there. I was just trying to stick with the same link since that is what people had seen. I am not going to be working on it for a little while still but there should be the newest version posted later tonight.

OK, http://208.52.130.81/ocsetiteam/boinc/users.html has the latest version with a todo list:
1. Arrow seem all screwed up.
2. Heading links are not all right
3. Need to convert country to the flag images I have
4. fix icons to have the seperate table cells
5. think about have it page off by 100 members at a time
6. Lots of other things to make it cooler!

Thanks TC for letting me link to the server. Was not sure if you want ed that public or not. Sure does go faster! :attn:

Edit: Keep the comments coming. I am trying to make this look how you guys want. I figured the old stats ruled so I am first mocking them. I loved all that they could do. Anything beyond that I will try to do. I just need ideas. Man, I seem to edit all my posts instead of posting another afterwards. Oh well. I don't care about post count anyway.

Looking good. Once you're done with the important stuff hit me up for some thoughts on minor CSS tweaks for looks. Definitely focus on functionality - cause thats the key part - we can change looks any time :) You're rocking, great work. I assume by 'heading links are not all right' you're talking about the sorting not working for some of the headings like week avg?

On a slightly different note - if you want I can poke around with some pure aesthetics this weekend. This is only really worth doing if your programming layer and display layers are fairly well abstracted (ie: the html is pretty seperate from the code - so changing the html would result in little/no code change). Not worth our burning time on it if that isnt the case though, so don't fret :)

By the way - do you intend to post code for this at some point? (passwords, usernames etc need to be removed obviously). Just a thought - I'm sort of into open source - others like hoarding - either way is fine :)

Let's see, other suggestions, hmm...

1: Just noticed it looks like you're missing a space between 'date' and 'time' in the 'last result' column.

2: Has someone already suggested an overtake column? This is really only useful (imho) if you can "lock on" to a user like with seti@work's pages, and personally i think should be based on week avg rather than rac.

3: On sorting -it might be useful to have an 'ascending' or 'descending' icon appear next to the columns when someone sorts on one of them.

4: This is like a "phase two" type of addition, but probably worth thinking about for down the road - adding the "hosts" column with a link to host stats (see the seti synergy pages).

I'm exhausted and have to hit the sack - I'll try to ponder suggestions while I sleep :)

Again - awesome job!

Back