• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how well can the 9600NP handle doom3/farcry/hl2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heartamd

Registered
lets say i was to play it at around

it's still MUCH better than the fx5700le right ?

Welcome to the Forums!

I'm using a plain 9600 and Doom 3 runs quite nicely at 1024 x 786. However, you cant enable full AA or run at higher resolutions without experiencing some serious lag/artifacts. Particle density parameters have to be kept low or else your gaming experience would suffer. An yes, a 9600 would kill an FX5700 on any given day.

i'll sacrifice the eye candy such as aa/af

so at 1024x786.. low/med/high ?

which would you recommend for smooth/no lag gameplay

b/c afterall.. gameplay makes the game not graphics

I would recommend low and maybe medium for your card.
However, you may not notice artifacts because everything is so dark.

:beer: on your first star!

from your sig, i dont know why you would want to play doom on a 9600. anyways, you could probably run it on medium settings w/ aa and af turned off and get pretty good frames.

AZNBoiOnFIYA said:
from your sig, i dont know why you would want to play doom on a 9600. anyways, you could probably run it on medium settings w/ aa and af turned off and get pretty good frames.

I think thats's because he doesn't have any other card at his disposal, like me :D
His sig may be a fantasy one ;)

Super Nade said:
I think thats's because he doesn't have any other card at his disposal, like me :D
His sig may be a fantasy one ;)

nope this card is for my dorm comp

sig is at home safe and well guarded

i never bring expensive tech i own to my dorm.. bad experiences :bang head

Back