• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random reboots! Need serious help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ffactoryxx

Well first of i got a new 300gb maxtor 1 month ago. After the first install i thought the drive was bad but ran the maxtor diagnostic tools and rewrote the mbrand all was great. Well once in a while, maybe once before and twice today, the computer will reboot and when i log back in it will say Windows as recovered from a critical or serious error blah blah blah.

Running xp pro with sp2

Now Last night i was ripping a movie to my e:Movie partition on the 300gb, as well dling 2 2+gig files to the same partition. Could this be my problem?

I get this when playing games as well after a certain time at random.

The error signature is
BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 00008694 BCP2 : 00000007 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F78451D0 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

following will be added in error report

error code in event viewer
Error code 100000d1

2 files are also listed. sysdata or something like that and a minidump file

turned off reboot so i can get the BSOD

It says a problem lied within Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

ohci1394.sys - Address f78451d0 base at f783f000 data stamp 41107dbd

Now im not sure if thats the same message every time but thats what i got on the last one

Last edited:
that's a driver file that's being referenced, it's for an IEEE1394 Firewire card/chip. Do you have one of those enabled in your system? If you don't use it, disable in the bios if it is onboard.

Back