• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolbits confuses me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

Let me say I am an ATI guy and hence used to ATItool

However, my laptop has a GO6800 in it, I opened up coolbits and there is an auto overclocking option, how does this work, becuase I dont see it doing any testing.

I am used to ATI tool where I can hit autooverclock and it will slowly increase the ether the core or the memory whichever i choose and then test for Artifacts, and then tell mje what it gets the max Core and max mem to be.

I see none of this in Coobits, can someone explain how it works please.

Thanks TheGreySpectre

after coolbits is installed go to your display properties,settings,advanced and click on your vid card and the clock settings will be in there.

I think he ment the process it uses to find the clocks, and I have no idea either, just getting my first Nvidia myself.

I dont overclock my laptop because it gets hot enough as it is.

Don't use auto overclock.

Select manual, and then hit detect opt. freq.

You can usually bump it up a few more mhz too.

cool, thanks
is there anyway to like you can in atitool have your OCed settings come on only when you start up a 3dapp?

TheGreySpectre said:
cool, thanks
is there anyway to like you can in atitool have your OCed settings come on only when you start up a 3dapp?

You can create different profiles for your different overclocks and I believe you can acess them through the taskbar icon (if you put one down there). But as far as just having them start when you run a 3D application, I don't know of any way to do that.

bummer. ihope they add that in an upcoming version of coolbits. In ati tool you can save profiles then set ATItool to load specific profiles when loading 3d applications and set a sound so you know when they are loaded. its really nice as your not always running your video card at high heat settings and once you have it settup you dont have to worry about changing any settigns

Odd...I don't any means of 'auto-detecting' optimal frequencies in mine. I downloaded the CB2 and am running 76.50 XG drivers. Could this be the result of using XG drivers?

-Fb

p.s. not meaning to hijack here

Back