• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rtx 40x0 talk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tachyon? You mean with the gears and stuff?

They sell those in Europe. I can get them on Amazon.fr

I think they even ship this graphics card to Europe...

Since I'm not old enough to be afraid of a cartoon girl... I might just save up the cash and see if I can DO THAT! :D

(I'm tired of all the plain-looking featureless... EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD. Time to bring back some faces and bears and A LITTLE PERSONALITY to design and architecture.)
With the "gears and stuff" is ASRock Taichi, and it's available worldwide. However, ASRock clearly says that many of their motherboards can be limited to some specific countries. Two of their ITX motherboards from previous generations were not available in the EU (they said to me that they wouldn't provide samples because of that).
Gigabyte Tachyon Z790 is available, but B650E was released for Japan only (and later in one other country it was also available, but I don't remember which one).

If I'm right, then Yeston is a Chinese brand that sells only in some Asian countries (pretty much almost only in China/Taiwan). If anyone is selling stuff like that in the EU, then out of official distribution = problems with warranty.
You don't have to look that far. EVGA motherboards were almost unavailable in the EU for the last ~5-6 years, and graphics cards were very limited. If anyone was selling them, then out of official distribution - ordered directly from Taiwan (EVGA closed the EU distribution some years ago and was shipping everything from their factory/general warehouse). Now the brand is dead.

If you buy some "weird" stuff on Amazon, then check from where it will be shipped, as many items are shipped from China/manufacturer. Then you may have problems with additional shipping and duty/tax costs.

Tachyon? You mean with the gears and stuff?

They sell those in Europe. I can get them on Amazon.fr
No, sir. The Gigbyte b650e Tachyon, he said. Tachyon line doesnt have gears. You may be confusing it with the Asrock Taichi boards that with use gears/cogs in its design aesthetic
I dunno... that just kinda screams "overcompensating."

...like being a 5'2" tall man and driving around in a Hummer.
Not sure it's within the TOS who I think likes scantily-clad Asian teens emblazoned on their graphics cards, lol, so we'll leave that alone. :p

But on a mkre serious note, I'd rather murmur "Murica" (for my foreign Asian-made GPU, LOLOL) when I look at my gpu than, Ni Hao! :rofl:

Edit: posted at the same time, woo, lol.

Last edited:
No, sir. The Gigbyte b650e Tachyon, he said. Tachyon line doesnt have gears. You may be confusing it with the Asrock Taichi boards that with use gears/cogs in its design aesthetic

Not sure it's within the TOS who I think likes scantily-clad Asian teens emblazoned on their graphics cards, lol, so we'll leave that alone. :p

But on a mkre serious note, I'd rather murmur "Murica" (for my foreign Asian-made GPU, LOLOL) when I look at my gpu than, Ni Hao! :rofl:

Edit: posted at the same time, woo, lol.

Nothing says "PATRIOTISM" more than a red, white, and blue "Home of the Brave!" sweater made in Beijing... :salute:

Yeah, whatshisname already corrected me on the Taichi thing. Apparently you've got ten spins on that little gear wheel before it stops working! :rofl:

But seriously I wouldn't care if it was the stars and stripes, the rising sun, a tank, or a TACO... I'm just tired of seeing NOTHING on these graphics cards. It's been too-long.

You can't keep asking for a thousand bucks for a stone cold copy of the reference card and not at least have the decency to put a DUCK on it or SOMETHING.

I'm also tired of buildings that all look the same, cars that all look the same, PEOPLE that all look the same.

We might've all looked weird in the 80s and 90s... but at least it was our own individual BRANDS of weird...

Nothing says "PATRIOTISM" more than a red, white, and blue "Home of the Brave!" sweater made in Beijing... :salute:
That isn't Chinas fault, that is the American way, remember? Get rich or die trying?

Move manufacturing offshore for more profit, if the boat sinks, its fine, new batch already on the way..

NV graphics cards sponsored by McDonalds, TacoBell, Whataburger, In-Out, Apple Bees, Chili's, Wallmart, Kmart, ect

Texas edition, Come and Take it!(flag), UT, A&M, Oil Field Pump, Long Horn bull, Blacks BBQ, Franklins BBQ, Salt Lick BBQ, Dallas cowboys,

@TerranBrackiatt
Wow, a $2k monitor. I'm guessing it's not for a desktop -- unless your desk's top is 6' deep. Just out of curiosity is the Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 two monitors siamesed together? If so, does each monitor have a separate set of HDMI/DP inputs? How do you game on two 4k monitors? Very slowly? Can you separate the 2 monitors?

I wish you could buy custom skins for you GPU... Like wraps on a car, wraps on the GPU... back plate...
There are shops/websites dedicated to laptop modding and decals, how hard could it be to modify the software settings for GPU's :unsure: I'm guessing even someone with a 3D printer and some spare time can get around to it...

There are shops/websites dedicated to laptop modding and decals, how hard could it be to modify the software settings for GPU's :unsure: I'm guessing even someone with a 3D printer and some spare time can get around to it...
Yeah, some vinyl printer or something. Whatever material, it just needs to tolerate the heat.

@TerranBrackiatt
Wow, a $2k monitor. I'm guessing it's not for a desktop -- unless your desk's top is 6' deep. Just out of curiosity is the Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 two monitors siamesed together? If so, does each monitor have a separate set of HDMI/DP inputs? How do you game on two 4k monitors? Very slowly? Can you separate the 2 monitors?

it's one monitor. regular price is $2500US. I've seen sale prices bounce all over the place, as low as $1800US. 1-DP 2.1 input, 3 HDMI 2.1 inputs. i believe it allows you do do picture in picture, side by side 4k pictures (1 per PC), or reduced resolution / reduced real estate picture for gaming. You may need to look at some of the other samsung gaming monitors to see the promos for those features though.

as for actual use on a desktop... if you go old school and use a sliding keyboard drawer, you can use a 60" x 30" gaming desk just fine. The overall Set Dimension with Stand are (WxHxD) 52.3 x 23.7 x 19.7 Inches

On my traditional desk, it would be 57" @ 2.75' away, I suppose that would physically work, but for AAA gaming what kind of GPU would you need to drive a display that has a resolution of two 4k monitors?

Yeah, some vinyl printer or something. Whatever material, it just needs to tolerate the heat.

GENTLEMEN...!

...I think we just co-founded a new start-up! :beer:

... but for AAA gaming what kind of GPU would you need to drive a display that has a resolution of two 4k monitors?
right now? an RTX 4090, but it wouldn't run at 240Hz... maybe around 100Hz. i'm thinking at bare minimum a next gen card (the 4090 doesn't have a DP2.1 port, so it would struggle with the bandwidth choke). so an RTX 5090 with the higher VRAM. I was REALLY hoping we'd get the next gen of Nvidia GPUs instead of the refresh. Or at least that the refresh would include the faster port. Oh well. guess i'll wait. T'would prolly be better financially to NOT spend $3000-$4000 that i don't have right now.... LoL. Besides, my 30" Dell is still going strong after 10 years.
Post magically merged:

57" at like 5' away... wowO. So big, lol.
it's a 1000R curved monitor, so it's designed for just over 3 foot away as a ultrawide wrap-around kinda deal. Imagine putting 2 of their 32" curved 4k monitors side by side. Or cutting the top half off of ASUS's 65" 8k curved monitor.
I think i'm digging my own grave... that IS huge

Last edited:
Nvidia claims they can drive full 8k60 so this display being half that resolution should be able to run at 120.

It's too early for 50 series, we're only mid-cycle.

Back