• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rtx 40x0 talk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Apparently... the 4070 TI Super is getting DUNKED ON by the RX 7900 XT. Which is on sale all over the internet (in Europe at least) for 600 bucks. (Although I think that actually started in the States...)

Last edited:
Which is on sale all over the internet (in Europe at least) for 600 bucks. (Although I think that actually started in the States...)
The cheapest in the States is still well over $700. At Newegg, $740+. Your video (and news sites days ago) even stated AMD wanted this card for ~$750 (didn't it release at 900?) BECAUSE of the Supers (so, recently is the point). Where is it ~$600 USD? (links, please?!)! :)

If you manage to not play any RT based games, the 7900 xt is a few percent faster in rasterization. If it's RT'd, that difference is an average of 27% in favor of the Ti Super (in your video). There's a significant difference in power use sometimes, too. A lot to think about between them when you look at the big picture.

It is worth noting that they don't like the 7900xt at the $750 price point (where you commonly find them here in the States). At the mythical $600, though (they were ~$850 USD at Mindfactory), it seems like a no-brainer.... but it's a unicorn Rainless price, lol.

Watch your video from 24:34 on....

Last edited:
Been seeing it for 600 700 (willing to retract that until I can come up with a link...) all week here in France (I'm not in Germany anymore). Try Dealabs.com. (Although maybe that was just ONE at 600 and a TON at 700...)

Also that would be 600 euros... not dollars (I said "bucks" not "dollars"... Euros are the new "bucks" for me! :p )

EDIT: I still see all the "700s"... I can't find the one 600. But if you look at the current and expired 7900 XT deals you'll see 730... 750... 740... etc... Here's one:

I guess I should've gotten the 600 I saw! (might've been mydealz.de for germany... I check ALL the deal sites all the time.)

Last edited:
I'm just hung up on 'dunked on'...LUL. :rofl:

Your video says they prefer the 4070 ti s at prices you can actually find them at. But he'll, if you actually find one for $600, post it up!

AMD users the internet over love to rub Nvidia users noses in the carpet every chance they get. Like ok cool you like your GPU.. why does it bother you guys if I like what my GPU can do? So what if I paid a bit more.? I actually didn't, I paid less that why mine retails for now, last summer. Which was still hundreds cheaper than anything comparable from the other guys. I happen to like RT, and CUDA, and all the other stuff that comes with the package.

RT definitely makes a diff. I noticed it in Control and Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition. Still-in-all I hope AMD can challenge Team Green on the high end RT front w/their next-gen parts. I don't think Intel is in a position to challenge the high end of the duopoly yet but here's hoping they can in the future.

I'm just hung up on 'dunked on'...LUL. :rofl:

Your video says they prefer the 4070 ti s at prices you can actually find them at. But he'll, if you actually find one for $600, post it up!

Getting there! https://n4g.com/deals/coupon/rx-7900-xt-deal-on-amazon-steals-rtx-4070-ti-supers-thunder/

I'll post every deal I see...

AMD users the internet over love to rub Nvidia users noses in the carpet every chance they get. Like ok cool you like your GPU.. why does it bother you guys if I like what my GPU can do? So what if I paid a bit more.? I actually didn't, I paid less that why mine retails for now, last summer. Which was still hundreds cheaper than anything comparable from the other guys. I happen to like RT, and CUDA, and all the other stuff that comes with the package.

I'm not an AMD user. (See sig).

Just thought the video (ray tracing be damned) was interesting.

Yeston GeForce RTX 4080 Super Sakura Sugar review - WAIFU MODEL!!!

001.jpg

002.jpg

View attachment 365031

View attachment 365032

I'm in LOVE! <3

Nothing like that is sold out of Asia. The same is with every "unique" series recently. Colorful has some interesting anime and cat series, and other stuff too (they don't want to send review samples of anything less standard). Even OC mobos like Gigabyte B650E Tachyon or some other series are limited to some Asian countries (I think that B650E was only available in two countries, but I could be wrong).
In the last few days, I noticed that MSI is going to release a Z790 MPower mobo with improved RAM OC. Not long after, my 'very trusted source' confirmed it would be available only in Asia. $200 OC mobo, and they don't sell it in NA/EU; I don't get it as it would sell great.
The ADATA Mera series is available only in Asia, too. Somehow they sent one memory kit for review.
NA/EU is fed only mass-sale series. The same is with most gaming/OC products nowadays. I'm not a fan of anime, but really, some products are interesting, and I would probably buy them if they were available.

View attachment 365031

View attachment 365032
That stuff creeps me out...:eek:
Raises hand* :chair:

I dont want that in my PC. Anime just isnt my thing. That's hideous (the back - the front is neat!!). :)
Yeah I was going to say creepy but didn't want folks singing "Boomer":chair::facepalm:

Nothing like that is sold out of Asia. The same is with every "unique" series recently. Colorful has some interesting anime and cat series, and other stuff too (they don't want to send review samples of anything less standard). Even OC mobos like Gigabyte B650E Tachyon or some other series are limited to some Asian countries (I think that B650E was only available in two countries, but I could be wrong).
In the last few days, I noticed that MSI is going to release a Z790 MPower mobo with improved RAM OC. Not long after, my 'very trusted source' confirmed it would be available only in Asia. $200 OC mobo, and they don't sell it in NA/EU; I don't get it as it would sell great.
The ADATA Mera series is available only in Asia, too. Somehow they sent one memory kit for review.
NA/EU is fed only mass-sale series. The same is with most gaming/OC products nowadays. I'm not a fan of anime, but really, some products are interesting, and I would probably buy them if they were available.

Tachyon? You mean with the gears and stuff?

They sell those in Europe. I can get them on Amazon.fr

I think they even ship this graphics card to Europe...

Since I'm not old enough to be afraid of a cartoon girl... I might just save up the cash and see if I can DO THAT! :D

(I'm tired of all the plain-looking featureless... EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD. Time to bring back some faces and bears and A LITTLE PERSONALITY to design and architecture.)

they should put a picture of a A10 on the back or better yet the F22 (mach 2, bumble-bee)

I dunno... that just kinda screams "overcompensating."

...like being a 5'2" tall man and driving around in a Hummer.

I could really use a 4080 Super, as it's an actual worthwhile upgrade (Super for the lower price) over the 2070 Supers NVLink combo... but it doesn't have DP 2.1... so it's not worth it to me except as a temporary card in lieu of the 5080. The monitor i'd like is in my sig... $2500 for a dual UHD 57" 32:9 ($2000US on sale). DP1.4a just doesn't really have the bandwidth...

On another note... My premium vertical GPU bracket from Phanteks is on the way: https://www.phanteks.store/collecti...pcie-e-4-0-premium-vertical-gpu-bracket-black

Back