• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which brand of X800XL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ap673

Hey I just wanted to know if anyone knows which brand of X800XL is best in terms of overclockability, reliability, and cooling. Sapphire, ATI, MSI, Powercolor? Thanks a lot!

Connect 3d is the best overclocker, its the only one with an extra molex connector and everybody assumes thats why.
At stock they are all the same, everyone besides MSI I think follows the refferance design.

My vote goes for the Sapphire Ultimate x800XL. Sapphire has always been known for their build quality of ATI products, and it also comes with a Zalman VF700-Cu installed ;)

deception``

Thanks a lot, i've looked at all of them and it seems like the Sapphire with the Zalman or the Powercolor with the extra molex connecter would be the best. Which do you think is more important for overclocking?

Sapphire screwed me over and gave me a verision with slow memory. the stock speeds were 250mhz while many other 9600XT owners have it running at 300MHz stock. The advertized speed was 300mhz. Dont tell me its because its 256mb version because my friend bought one too and his runs at 300MHz. :bang head

I dont know if they do the same scam with their x800's

Gabkicks said:
Sapphire screwed me over and gave me a verision with slow memory. the stock speeds were 250mhz while many other 9600XT owners have it running at 300MHz stock. The advertized speed was 300mhz. Dont tell me its because its 256mb version because my friend bought one too and his runs at 300MHz. :bang head

I dont know if they do the same scam with their x800's

Did you ever try RMAing it or contacting Sapphire about it? Maybe it's just some manufacturing error.

well i dont know if u care but if u want a good overclocker o dont want a xl u want something with a r42x or a r48x core id get ither a x850 xt or a x800xt the pros are good overclockers too and can even give a xt a run for their money even though they only have 12 pipes

btw both the x800 xt and x850 xt can easly mod into a xtpe :)

here is a x850 xt for 398$ http://www.gogocity.com/product_details.asp?dept_id=331&pf_id=CO02VDO0318

and here is a x850 pro http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=320841&affiliate=yahoo

cheers

If you're set on an X800XL get whichever one is cheapest. They pretty much all use the reference design (with a few exceptions) and the vivo cards haven't been getting any superior overclocks to the non-vivo. The main thing is to get some good cooling you'll be fine (aftermarket that is, you don't want to stay with stock cooling for any reason). I've got an el-cheapo Rosewill X800XL and I'm very satisfied with it's overclockability.

I bought a connect3d at monarch, because at the time it was 269$. It hasnt come yet, but I'm expecting it today :)

Back