• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW x2 4400+ doesnt show to be dual core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1twelve2

when i run my cpu-z, it shows that its a athlon 64, toledo core...... NO X2 ANYWHERE.... do i have to change some of the settings in my BIOS??

please reply quickly.. :bang head :shrug:

Relax, I wouldn't be too worried about it. Either the cpu-z is not current enough to recognize it, or you need to updazte your bios. Either way it's a software isse and you are still running and using a dual core cpu.

rseven said:
Relax, I wouldn't be too worried about it. Either the cpu-z is not current enough to recognize it, or you need to updazte your bios. Either way it's a software isse and you are still running and using a dual core cpu.

heh.. i do get a lil ancy..... but i did just drop 500 bucks on this thing... where can i update the cpu-Z ?

The 1.30 version of cpu-z came out in the beginning of August. With development time it may still not be recent enough to recognize a cpu that came out only a short time before it's release. If it doesn't still don't panic. The next version will no doubt work.

ok... ya i have the 1.30 version and its the same. O WELL... but i still dont have to change anything in my BIOS or anything? like even when i right click on [my computer] and go to properties, its says AMD Hammer family - Model unknown.... :shrug: me SOOO confused

Enigma422 said:
Does you task manager recognize the second core? If it does your fine. Also have you updated to the lastest BIOS?

like hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del ? that task manager? how do i get an updated BIOS?

sorry for the n00bish questions

ya its just your bios. that happened to my 4400+ when i first installed it. cpu-z would act like it was only one core. after i updated the bio9s it was fine. and 1.30 cpu-z reconizes dual cores

1twelve2 said:

yes, if you hit ctrl+alt+delete youll get the task manager, then you can click on performance and it should show two cpu graphs there...

this should be a link to your bios update page (make sure its the correct model). It has a how to faq link there too. http://abit-usa.com/downloads/bios/bios_revision.php?categories=1&model=275

EDIT: ^^^Beat me to it :)

1twelve2 said:

Yes, when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del you can bring up the task manager depending on how you have your log in setup, but assuming you use the 'Welcome screen' you a window called "Windows Task Manager" will come up. If you hit the performance tab, you should see two graphs in the "CPU Usage History" section. If you don't then Windows is not recognizing the second core.

If you installed your CPU without reinstalling Windows, you can try to format and reinstall windows and see if the second core is recognized after a fresh install. If it does not, then you need a BIOS update. You can grab the lastest BIOS at your mobo's manufacturer's website. If the mobo you have in your sig is what your using in your dual core system then go the Abit's website.

nah, you dont need to format. If you want to , go ahead, it certainly doesn't hurt, but you dont have to. The problem is most definetly your BIOS. Grab the latest one from Abit, follow the directions, and you'll be good to go.

i heart these forums :santa:

thanks to you guys, i fixed the problem.... i am happy :)

x2.jpg

Back