• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3000 venice @ 2.9 or fx53?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzzuf

well this is a hard decision for me and i dont know if ill see any benefits on switching but.... i currently have a week 17 3000 venice running at 2.9 @1.7v stable. someone offered to trade me my venice for a 2 day old fx53 clawhammer plus id throw in a little cash. My only concern with my rig is gaming. Am i correct in thinking that my venice at 2.9 will most likely smoke an fx53? as most fx53 ive seen top out at around 2.6 or so. this will all be under water. thnks

dude if you got a 3000 venice doing 2.9ghz i wouldn't bother wasting the money on trading for an fx53. Possibly an fx55, but even that won't be much of an imporvment. It'll prbably clock around 2.9-3ghz on w/e cooling your using now, but it'll give you twice the cache.... but even then the cost isn't worth the gain IMO.

I'd say keep the 3000+. I don't think the extra cache provided by the FX-53 will allow you to have too much of a gaming boost, maybe a few fps at most. I'd say just keep it and get a good video card if you want to game more. But then a 7800GTX would probably be bottlenecked in a 3000+...

If hr threw in some cash maybe, but no way if you have to. As has been pointed out, there is no way his cpu will clock as high as yours. A Venice that does 2.9 is a chip of gold worth hanging on to.

darksparkz said:
I'd say keep the 3000+. I don't think the extra cache provided by the FX-53 will allow you to have too much of a gaming boost, maybe a few fps at most. I'd say just keep it and get a good video card if you want to game more. But then a 7800GTX would probably be bottlenecked in a 3000+...

i already have a 7800gtx @ 550/1400 :)

Dude if you can hit 2.9 stable on a 3000+ don't even think of trading it in. That thing is golden. It really isn't worth trading if you manage that kind of an o/c.

dude u can have my 3200 that does 2800 lol!! I would keep that 3000. U dont see any more venices like that to much anymore.

Back