• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with Catalyst starting up... HELP ME!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sneaky

Skulltrail Junkie
ok, when windows starts w/ catalyst control center, or when i try to open it it in windows, it shows the following error message:

error.JPG

i have ran driver/cab cleaner THREE times, and attempted a cat 5.13 reinstall THREE times as well, and nothing has changed at all - i followed all instructions with drivercleaner, etc.

the card is a sapphire x1800XT if thats important to know, OS is windows XP Pro (legit copy)

someone PLEASE help me figure this out, and how to make it work properly - this is REALLY STARTING TO **** ME OFF - i've done everything within my power that i know how to do, but maybe you guys can help me sort this out so i can enjoy my new card!!

thanks in advance
-Justin :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

i swear..windows is out to kill us...or just drive us nuts
i cant play dvd's, hl2 is crashing, IE is randomly jacking up
nothing can fix my problem..so im going to re-install xp when your raptor gets here :)
i would suggest you do the same..esp if you've already tried to re-install the drivers!

its done this with every single ATI card i've ever had - with my 9600XT i resorted to omega drivers, and with ym x850XTPE i just gave up and did the barebone video driver w/o CCC

but now with teh x1800XT, i need CCC in order to change the voltage to the core/mem and all that good stuff, or atleast i think i do

its done this with my hitachi's before my last reformat/re-partion, and on my old 120gb seagate which was in my machine with the 9600XT and for about 2 weeks with the x850XTPE

this is really getting to me - i set EVERYTHING in BIOS back to stock and its still doing it, i'm going f***ing apes*** trying to figure this out!!! OH MY GOD! DAMNIT! **SLAMS FIST ON DESK IN RAGE**

I am pretty sure Overclocker allows you to change voltages on the 1800s. AFAIK, CCC does not need to be installed for it to work. Then use ATI Tool for all your settings and you shouldn't need CCC at all (unless you are using a Crossfire setup?).

ok after running drivercleaner one last time, i got some popup that said microsoft framework 1.1 needed to be installed blah blah blah... well i had it installed, but i went and re-installed it, and i guess it somehow disappeared :shrug: but now its all working good... god damn these things frustrate me sometimes, and theres always such a simple solution... **sigh**

Back