• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Presler 4.5ghz Cedar Mill 5ghz club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
for 65nm cpu's
had a random idea to start this thread LOL
and if it gets popular i will make a list in this post :p
to get in the "club" you just need to post a cpu-z verification link..and a screeni if you feel like it

mine:
4500stable9bh.jpg

comments/suggestions?

members:

d94 920 4515 stable pcmark 4806 max
ross 661 5318 stable pcmark 5678 max
batboy 940 4617 stable
markodude 955xe 5031 stable pcmark

Last edited:
Aww, now I am wishing I at least validated one of my 930's 4.8GHz screens :(

Oh well, here's the Cedar Mill 661 "so far"...

5678 (1.58Vc)

64430.png

PCMark04 (less voltage than above 1.55Vc...working on higher here)
661_pc04_5318.gif

Last edited:
Any rules as to stability? Heck, anyone can post a super high suicide run CPU-Z screenshot. I say you have to be at least PCmark2004 stable. So, that means I'm at 4.6 gig with the "green" rig in my signature.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=64638

My PCmark2004 screenshots and suicide run CPU-Z screenshots are all in my thread if people really wanna see 'em.

Last edited:
I agree that PCMark04 WITH A SCORE screenie (link when Futuremark catches up) should be included also to differentiate useable from not. That will also prove or disprove my theory that CM cores are stable very close to their max :)

Ross said:
I agree that PCMark04 WITH A SCORE screenie (link when Futuremark catches up) should be included also to differentiate useable from not. That will also prove or disprove my theory that CM cores are stable very close to their max :)
that sounds good to me :)
should each member of the club post say a stable oc and a max oc?
for example:
d94 4515 stable 4800 max

this would mean the max oc would need a validation link..or should we just say a cpu-z screeni?

Definitely both. I like seeing screens too, but a link should be included for verifications for CPU-Z and PCMark04.

Assuming I get to putting water on my 920 this weekend, I might post here again.

So far I could only get to 4.346 pcmark04'ed at 1.4875 vc on air :D

Then I will have to learn how to get validated results too. :rolleyes:

Just go to the "about" tab of CPU-Z and click on "validation" button, then follow the instructions.

I tend to think if the air cooled folks can hit a max screenie, they should be allowed to join the club even if they aren't stable.

I personally would like to still see both PCMark04 for air here just to make it complete. I say if they suicide @ 4.5GHz+, post that CPU-Z and a PCMark04 anyway even if it's only 4GHz...

batboy said:
Just go to the "about" tab of CPU-Z and click on "validation" button, then follow the instructions.

I tend to think if the air cooled folks can hit a max screenie, they should be allowed to join the club even if they aren't stable.

Ok so now i know how to do validating ... and that it took vc=1.5625 to get the cpu-z screenie at 4.514 ghz, but sadly no pcmarko4 ... reboots during test 5.

So I will just have to wait for water.

PCMark04 should be either a significantly less clock or significantly greater Vc to finish with a score compared to suicice! It's tough. I am surprised it actually made it to test 5. Try 4.2-4.3GHz and see if it will complete there with a score.

Hint: if during the concurrent tests (first 3 or so), if one of the bars stops, you will not get a score, even if the other continues and it completes the bench. If that happens, you might as well save some time by aborting and make some adjustments ;)

Ross said:
PCMark04 should be either a significantly less clock or significantly greater Vc to finish with a score compared to suicice! It's tough. I am surprised it actually made it to test 5. Try 4.2-4.3GHz and see if it will complete there with a score.

Hint: if during the concurrent tests (first 3 or so), if one of the bars stops, you will not get a score, even if the other continues and it completes the bench. If that happens, you might as well save some time by aborting and make some adjustments ;)

I completed a pcmark04 yesterday at 4.346 at 1.4875 vc. It has been dual folding since last night at /edit 290 not 300 ... completed 2 QMD's successfully already ... so far it has the highest folding ppd i am aware of for 1 rig (915 ppd).

Since my bios temps at 1.5625 were 58, i decided i will just wait till i put water on it so i have put it back to work on the folding farm.

Although once booted temps were ok at 42 idle ... peaked at 64 in some of the early pcmark04 tests.

Last edited:
Pardon me while I post this as a place holder..

Ross said:
Aww, now I am wishing I at least validated one of my 930's 4.8GHz screens :(

Oh well, here's the Cedar Mill 661 "so far"...

5678 (1.58Vc)

"so far"??? Hmm. I see 1.58v up there. How long did you run it that high?

ross's max score says 5.8 instead of 5.8, will get mine in a week and a half or so! I'm going to play with stock cooling for a few days and then put my zalman 7000 on it :( should be interesting

ross 661 5318 stable pcmark 4678 max
:beer: Yeah, stable at 5318, but only maxed at 4678, LOL. Wanna fix that first digit in the max clock? :D

ahh i was way ahead of you guys...i shot d94 a pm about that yesterday ;)

nice clocks guys, can't wait till this club grows annd grows and grows....

with any luck i'll be in before my birthday (apr). :)

Back