• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Presler 4.5ghz Cedar Mill 5ghz club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Currently at 4.0ghz prime stable 1.30v actual, had her benching at 4.2 but this board craps out above 240 with all the dual cores I have tried.

Will be joining this club when my new board arrives.....hopefully :)

:) What I will be curious about is what improvement, if any, the -Es are going to offer now that they are available. I am fighting ordering one because I really don't think it's big enough of a upgrade at this point.

d94 said:
for 65nm cpu's
had a random idea to start this thread LOL
and if it gets popular i will make a list in this post :p
to get in the "club" you just need to post a cpu-z verification link..and a screeni if you feel like it

mine:
4500stable9bh.jpg

comments/suggestions?

members:

d94 920 4515 stable pcmark 4806 max
ross 661 5318 stable pcmark 5678 max
batboy 940 4617 stable

I have been reading about thermal hot spots on the 65nm have you guys been using ThrottleWatch to make sure your scores are at the MAX. You might be able to score highenough to beat AMD's top score in PCMark04 of (10089) and take the crown away from AMD

http://service.futuremark.com/orb/projectsearch.jsp

Maybe use VapoChill, dry ice,CO_2, or insane Liquid Nitrogen

I have not used TW.

A Presler probably stands every chance of topping 10K in 04 if you can get one 04 stable @ say >4.6GHz and have a good setup. My 930 did 9200 @ 4.3GHz with crappy components. With a great vid card, SATA RAID and a streamlined environment, I think 10K+ will be had around 4.6-4.8GHz on a Presler no problem and that might not even take anything more substantial than a single stage or even good water with cool ambients. Dice, cascade or LN2 and I dare say it would probably be "easy".

"booked"
by the end of the week my new mb shoudl arrive and i can find out just how much my Targan 580w killed... hopefully just the mb :bang head

will post my 5ghz validation if my hdds didnt also die... trying not to get my hopes upp.. :rolleyes:

I just noticed the title said 5GHz for the CM, i don't think i'm going to need my reserved spot way up there^^^^. I just saw the 4.5GHz and reserved my spot. :confused: Oooops, i'm on air so i'm not expecting 5GHz, but i can't wait to try!

My chip has sitting at the facility 8 miles away since 9:00 AM this morning and they didn't deliver it today! :bang head Oh well, will be here tomorrow but i won't be home till 6:00 PM!

d94, I need you to update my stable from 5318 ->5407....PCMark04 is below.

This score is nuts for a single core with a crappy vid card/no RAID/no ram drive or I-RAM. Took 1.60Vc to get the score and I am still trying to do it DDR1000 4-2-3-4 for >8200.

If this were a Presler, it'd be like 14000 :D

661_pc04_8187.gif

The 661 is also kicking the crapola out of my 670...benching SPi 1M about where the 670 suicided. 5570 with a whopping DDR1030 4-2-3-4. 661 has 150MHz higher clock, 100MHz faster DDR and 80FSB LESS than the 670 and it beat that best score by .4s.

More than anything, it's a testament to their drop in TDP and stability near max clocks. The 670 on phase struggled to complete a SPi 1M @ 5.4GHz before heat became an issue on the SS. I think the CM could easily do 5.6GHz with the extra Vc it will take to do it on the same SS.

661_spi_23313.gif

Unbelieveable performance Ross. Seems like you have that thing tuned just right.

Hmmm.... Yesterday you ran 1.58, Today 1.6, wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Be careful with that Vcore. Think how you will feel if it pops

EDIT:Can you please post your load temps @ 1.6
thx

LOL...yeah, who knows. I wouldn't like it if it pops and I am nearing my limit...I'm really thinking about buying either a 631 or 920 for the sole purpose of thrashing within an inch of its life...this 661 is too nice for that :) We know the 920s look a lot better than the others, but I'd like to see 631 in action first. Since there's no 621, it should be OK, but like I've said before, I have no luck with any Intel proc that has a "3" in it...like the 630 and the 930.

I have no idea what my temps are under load...definintely toward the positive side, but since it only goes as low -16C on idle, I am not surprised. I don't believe the temps is reads on phase at all, but they can't be too bad or it would never finish PCMark04 there from lack of capacity...the 670 was limited to 5GHz on all 3D/PCMarks for that very reason. They only thing it could do >5GHz really was SPi 1M because it's so short...

very nice ross don't forget to post your time in the superpi thread:D.

I think I am going to give pressler a shot though, just as soon as I find a GPU and a good price on a 920.

^^^ Posted it there first ;)

Mwave has the best price on the 920 still so far ($255), followed by TigerDirect @ $259.

I was falling outta my chair when I started seeing #10 iteration times <12.10s. I WILL say this, I saw a couple 11.93s @ iteration 10 @ 310FSB, but it didn't complete the benches :cry: I am still deciding if I had another FSB bump in me...it's getting up there. Mem seems more irritable @ DDR1033 than the proc does @ 1.60Vc though ;)

Hurry up and get yours going!!!!

Yeah i can't wait to test this thing! I'm not too confident with a 5GHz clock on air but i'm hoping for a 4.5GHz and i'll be happy. :)

If ambients are cool enough, maybe. You'll probably see a 5GHz screen shot, but I wouldn't expect it to be PCMark04 stable. My temps on water were like 50-54C for that ;) Then again, yours might not need as much Vc?

Ross said:
I'm really thinking about buying either a 631 or 920 for the sole purpose of thrashing within an inch of its life...

By all means. Get that 920 and let us all know how far we can take that vcore before it blows lol.

I am leaning that way ;) I need to see what a 11000+ PCMark04 score looks like :D I find myself wanting to keep turning up the Vc on the 661 (already dabbled with 1.60V for a couple of benches) and I don't really want to do that anymore because it's a really awesome proc.

Now, if I picked up something good and cheap(er) that I plan to have my way with from the get-go, that's another story. That thing will boot and burn in at 1.60Vc from the first start, LOL. I am definitely not done wanting to play with a 2 core....except for SPi, that 930 really put the hurt every bench I've ever run at a LOT lower clocks and FSB. It seriously impressed me and coming from someone who lives for high clocks and is used to 360-385 FSB for benches, that's saying something ;)

Hurry! Why aren't you out chasing down the UPS truck like I was :D

We should start a pool for ross's new 920 lol. I'd pay $20 too see how far the vcore can go before it kills the presler lmao.

Back