• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Presler 4.5ghz Cedar Mill 5ghz club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not running a dual core, i have the 661 but i'm thinking of selling it and trying a 930.

I was hitting close to 8xxx on pcmark04 with my 830D @4.1GHz. Never really benched well with this setup, not sure why? :shrug:

It sounds fine to me. You notice all the high PCmark04 scores are with ATI cards? Socket 478 systems are beating me, and I have very similar scores to Ross (6935 @ 4917mhz) w/ his 661.

Hmm, weird. I think your right i was running an ATI with my 830 then i sold it and went with a 6800U, and then to a 7800GTX. This chip is pretty good, but i noticed a fine line between stable and my maximum overclock, it's like 18MHz!!

dylskee said:
Hmm, weird. I think your right i was running an ATI with my 830 then i sold it and went with a 6800U, and then to a 7800GTX. This chip is pretty good, but i noticed a fine line between stable and my maximum overclock, it's like 18MHz!!

PCmark04 scores
The top 4 people are on NVIDIA GeForce 7800
http://service.futuremark.com/orb/projectsearch.jsp

The Intel Pentium D955XE 5040 MHz PCmark04 score 9704. I hope he is on air because he needs just a little more to beat 10089 and take the crown away from AMD. This should be vary easy and low cost situation to whop AMD x2 with air overclocking and then on to the next level.

The next level take on the Athlon 64 FX-60
http://www.nordichardware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=4297&forum=32

Last edited:
lowbid - the PCMARK04 link does not work, I cant see it on the ORB either...nice score but I would have hoped for 10k+ with that setup :(

markodude said:
lowbid - the PCMARK04 link does not work, I cant see it on the ORB either...nice score but I would have hoped for 10k+ with that setup :(
perhaps he has a nvidia card :shrug:
btw you also need a cpu-z verification link posted plz

markodude said:

Yep i was looking for that too.Dont know what is holding me back.i was getting better scores with a x14 multi but my vcore was up to 1.6750 to get stable.Kinda new at posting screen shots and i cant figure out how to get that link to work.
regards...lowbid

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=65505

Cool - lowbid just go into project manager, check the project is "published", and then right mouse click the compare URL and "copy shortcut" - then paste it here!

Aw, that stinks...gotta be >10K. That's some weird stuff. On a compare, my 930 @ 4.3 (9203 score) actually beat his in both Mutlithreaded Test 2s (File Decomp/Image Proc), then he whipped me pretty good on the rest of the single thread tests after that.

LOL, I think I need to get that x1600XT CF back quick. His beat me in Physics/3D FPS by 44 marks, but I beat his in Graphics mem by 1322 marks with a 128-bit mem bus and no OC on the cards?

You guys are REALLY making me wish that I didn't stop at 1.50Vc on my 930 :cry: I want to get a 920 so bad to beat up on to redeem myself, but I also want a new vid card and to finally get rid of that last IDE HDD I have....decisions, decisions.

ivan, what Vc were you running for the 5.2GHz screen shot?

1,45 v. im looking forward to the weekend ,time to really see what this baby can .i just managed to download pcmark 4 before i left to work.ive noticed this chip is like 10 degree cooler than the 830 i had.

ivanovich said:
1,45 v. im looking forward to the weekend ,time to really see what this baby can .i just managed to download pcmark 4 before i left to work.ive noticed this chip is like 10 degree cooler than the 830 i had.
WOW thats amazing

markodude said:
Now its me thats :confused:

You never scored in that test - the grammar check failed?!

I did not even see that the gammar test failed.Every other bench i ran passed.Iam reading and running more tests trying find out why it failed. :shrug:

Yeah, Grammar failed, no question...it says so right on ORB ;) Note that just because the bench continues does not mean that all tests passed. If a progress bar stops and the other continues, you failed. On the first 3 tests, both bars should move more or less together.

marko is right, if you can get through the first 3 tests without a bar stopping, you're in pretty good shape for the rest. If a bar hangs on test 1, you're not even close, but test 3 is the sure killer if there's any instability at all...

Back