• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me with my g4 case mod.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evangelion-01

Hello, this is my first time posting , but i've been lurking around for a long time :p . I recently got a part time job so i have money to buy some nice toys :santa: and recently bought:

-P4 prescott 3.2
-BFG 6600gt oc

I recently won a g4 graphite case on ebay and read many articles about moding it to fit a pc into it, but most of the articles only have old video cards and 2200 athlon, so i have a few questions about the cooling i should use. i have the following heatsink :

35-118-115-01.JPG

and i also plan on getting this one for my 6600gt since i get some artifacts on my current pc .... mind you i only have 1 out take fan....

35-118-117-02.JPG

Here are some pictures of the g4 case so you get an idea with what i'll be working with.

2b_1.JPG
15_1.JPG
2f_1.JPG
bad-apple-002.jpg

as you can see it has a fan blowing at the pci/agp ports and it has handles to elevate it "probably all of you already knew this, but still" Also, theres is no way to put a fan on the back or front, the only options are the bottom and top, so what do you guys recomend? Put an intake 120mm fan at the bottom and a 120mm outtake fan at the top? you guys think this will do to keep it at a nice working temperature? btw, i will have a 300gig hdd in there and a dvd drive, thx in advance. :burn:

Just to warn you.......this is ALOT, and I do mean, ALOT, of work to do.

Can't wait to see your version of it though, since everyone seems to do things differently. I have a case sitting in my room waiting for the same thing, just too much going on atm do do it. :-/

Back