• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my 1st water cooling project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leoz_dnb

I'm new in w/c and I'm planning a very powerfull machine.

Project basics:

waterblocks: cpu, chipset, 2x pci-e ATI, RAM and HD.
radiator: black ice extreme 3
pump: laing D5 (1200L/h?)

I was reading some articles about pump pressures. In a big system like these will I need more than 1 pump? Laing D5 will handle it?

Id say just cool your CPU and GPUs. Watercooling your chipset doesnt really give much of a performance increase and just restricts flow. HDD watercooling, why would you need that? I dont think they make watercooling for your memory. Id go for something like a Swiftech Storm G4 CPU block and some DangerDen Maze4s as the GPU block.

They do make memory coolers, but they use al, big nono. And unless you have some 15K drives or no airlow at all, you don't need HD water cooling.

Watercooling RAM and harddrives is not needed unless you just want the "gee whizz" effect. The N/B is a toss up, but I get by fine with mine air cooled. By all means watercool the CPU and vid cards though.

Back