• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oblivion: Items and leveling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MRip

If I get a weapon at level 1 that does 5 dmg, will it do more when I'm level 20? I think it's important becuase if if items are keyed to whatever level you are when you pick them up and they don't improve then there's no reason to get any good stuff until you level for a while.

I dont know if I am a fan of the leveling system or not. I am confused here too.

Yeah I major in hand to hand and actually do better with that than with weapons despite the little bonus a weapon gives. Unless they're enchanted I don't see a major benefit.

I only played Morrowind for about 20-30 hours before I got too busy to play, so I never saw the full gamut of leveling and all that...kinda wish I knew more about it! Old TES players definitely have an advantage cuz I don't even know how to cure a disease I got in some catacomb (had it for days now).

Janus67 said:
why not use a cure disease potion or go to a church?

Churches reject me cuz I'm a thief (they say "Purify your soul!" and stuff like that), and I tried a potion and that didn't work either? I'll try the potions again later today, maybe I just need to buy a 'better' one.

Whatever I got came from a zombie in a catacomb, hopefully it's not a hard to cure disease.

--Illah

Illah said:
Churches reject me cuz I'm a thief (they say "Purify your soul!" and stuff like that), and I tried a potion and that didn't work either? I'll try the potions again later today, maybe I just need to buy a 'better' one.

Whatever I got came from a zombie in a catacomb, hopefully it's not a hard to cure disease.

--Illah

Are you in the theives guild? If you are, go see your Doyer and pay off your fines at half prices, and they will strike your record. Very helpful.

shard said:
Are you in the theives guild? If you are, go see your Doyer and pay off your fines at half prices, and they will strike your record. Very helpful.

I was thinking that the other day (been too busy to play since Sunday). Might give that a shot. I haven't been caught doing anything though, would I even have fines and bounties against me?

I'll try this along with buying higher-end potions tonight.

--Illah

Back