• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying 2500s/2600s new?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TonyKlem

I know you can still buy these chips brand new, but do they still make the same IQYHA and IDYHA steppings with them? or are all the steppings all similar?

What is the point? Selling your Socket A mobo and buying a s754 sempron + mobo will be cheaper than just buying a new Socket A chip and still be a lot faster and something new to play with.

dont worry i already have my plans all planned up (and partially under way)

i was just asking because i was curious.

Just in case you werew wondering my plans are:
Waiting for good deals:
-Opty 144 (probably just run it at ~2.5-2.6, waht ever stock volts takes it too nicely)
-3000 Venice (not sure if i should go with this or the opty, im thinking i like the 1mb l2 of the opty)

Found and already have:
-Jetway board (cheap and has onboard vid so i can wait a little before i get a good card. read a few reviews of it and it seems like it should be able to handle my opty ay 2.5-2.6 atleast)
-X800 GTO2 (16 pipes unlocked) (not quite mine yet but almost)
-2GB (4x512) ddr400 (2xCorsair 2xPQI)
-Vantec Stealth 520w (same one i've been using)
-Old HDD setup (80gb OS drive / 250gb sata storage drive)

nice setup. I have the venice 3000+ and it works wonders for me although the voltage is at 1.55volts. I'd go with the 144 but if you have the money, go get the 165.

i want the 165 but i would have to wait another month maybe to get it :(, if i dont find a GOOD deal on a 144 i probably WILL go for the 165 :)

well. You might be able to find an easter deal on a cpu or if you wait until AM2 and conroe is released, the opties might drop in price. I'm hoping for this to happen adn then mabye i'll get an opty 165.

TonyKlem said:
Found and already have:
-Jetway board (cheap and has onboard vid so i can wait a little before i get a good card. read a few reviews of it and it seems like it should be able to handle my opty ay 2.5-2.6 atleast)
-X800 GTO2 (16 pipes unlocked) (not quite mine yet but almost)
-2GB (4x512) ddr400 (2xCorsair 2xPQI)
-Vantec Stealth 520w (same one i've been using)
-Old HDD setup (80gb OS drive / 250gb sata storage drive)

1. Not a good idea, I wouldn't trust a Jetway to be a good overclocking board.
3. 4 sticks of RAM = bad idea, first of all you're limited to 2T, and second of all OC is going to be compromised, probably going to be a lot harder to reach higher memory/HTT speed.

Back