• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Paypal phishing email

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turd Furguson

Your account has been randomly flagged in our system as a part of our routine security measures. This is a must to ensure that only you have access and use of your Paypal account and to ensure a safe PayPal experience. We require all flagged accounts to verify their information on file with us. To verify your information at this time, please visit our secure server webform by clicking the hyperlink below:

Click here to verify your Information

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporarily suspend your account.
Thank you for your patience as we work together to protect your account.

================================================

I found this all vaguely phishing. I know now to click on any link other than navigating directly to Paypals site. I would like to report this ASAP to make sure no one gets roasted by this email. It was sent to my gmail account and appeared in my SPAM box.

yeah, and paypal wont do crap about it either. as usual except put some warning on their web site 500 pages deep in their help section.

For those who might not know what to look for, or may have recieved a false Paypal email:

From Paypal.com

Q How can I tell the difference between a real PayPal email and a fake one?
pixel.gif A The term spoofing and phishing have been used to describe the act of collecting personal information using a fake email in order to commit identity theft, credit card, and Internet fraud. If you click on a link included in an email you're not sure is from PayPal, make sure the address at the top of the browser window you're brought to reads exactly www.paypal.com.

PayPal emails will address you by first name, last name, or business name, and NOT by Dear PayPal User or Dear PayPal Member.

If you are ever uncertain about the validity of the email or the email links, open a new web browser window and type in www.paypal.com.

If you think you have received a fraudulent email, forward the entire email to [email protected] and then delete it from your email account.

yeah i know all are fake and scammers, i report as much as possible but i dont do all, i just check the address it was sent from and where the link goes just to be curious.

Back