• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AIW X1300?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Fri

I'm thinking of building a new system but I need to keep the price down. I don't want to spend a lot for a video card since I'm putting the $$ into the CPU/memory. Since I'll be moving to PCI-e I can't use to AGP I now have. I have an all-in-wonder card and like the video capture & TV recording features. I don't do heavy gaming so gaming performance is not a concern. Bottom line, I want a cheap card with AIW capabilities. I'm thinking of something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102661R#DetailSpecs which is an X1300 256MB AIW for $115 (open box). Is this the best route or should I look for something else?

What do you mean to not play games on it? The kid's system (see sig below) only has an FX5200 and does OK on all but the very high end games. I'd think an X1300 would be fine. Is there some reason I should stay away from an X1300?

they have x800 xl aiw for 129 at micro center. costs mor but im sure itll double ur gaming performance..........how ever it doesnt have AVIVO support or what ever.

This site might help. This page offers a pretty good comparison between most of the ATi and Nvidia cards on the market and gives a decent breakdown of the cards out there.
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/
If you like the X1300 series, then go for it. If not, then I am sure you can get a decent deal on one of the X800 series cards which may have the features your looking for. They were Ati's best series until the X1800/1900 hit the market. Honestly a lot of this will come down to what you want the card to do for you. :beer:

That card will play fear and so forth. Not as well as, say, an x1600 but its clearly a decent card for whatever you want to use it for. I would get it. I am seriosnly thinking of getting one too.

Thanks for the input. It's interesting that the link that Metloaf gave doesn't have the X1300 AIW. It is an odd bird or did the website just leave it off? Hummm...

Back