• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me Identify this CPU.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dubbedoutgeo27

Registered
So I purchased this cpu, without knowing everything about it... but I do know its a Athlon 64 3400+ (Rare, I know) and it's socket 939.

The full code on the CPU is:
ADA3400DAA4BY
NBBWE 0609CAF
X021076C60429

I don't have a board to run this in, so I cant just use CPU-z and figure everything out...

From what I've concluded so far, its a venice core, but I don't really know.

On all the processor identification sheets I can find, none of them hav 'BY' for the part definition part, I'm not sure what 'A' is for maximum op. temperature, or voltage.

Thanx in advance,

Casey

Try this link:

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?i=spec_6973960000&pi=platform_honeymoon_imedia

I just googled "ADA3400DAA4BY".

According to that:

CPU Specifications
Manufacturer AMD
Type Athlon 64 (Venice)
Clock Speed 3400+ (2.2 GHz)
Front Bus Speed Hypertransport (800 MHz)
Cache 512 kB
Socket Socket 939
Model ADA3400DAA4BY
Stepping E6
Maximum temperature 65°C
Maximum power dissipation 67 W
Supported features

* AMD Enhanced Virus Protection (EVP; enables hardware Data Execution Prevention in Windows XP with SP2)
* AMD64 extended instruction set, x64 compatible.
* Cool'n'Quiet: reduces processor speed and power consumption automatically when less performance is needed (requires BIOS support).

3400+ in 939 are 130nm Newcastles.Pretty stable cores not nearly as far as what you can get out of a newer Venice or Opteron.

The 512kb L2
1.5v if i remeber correctly.
The were the hotter running cousin to the Winchesters .

MassRaptor

It's not a Newcastle, as it says 2006 on it and the BY in the code is not Newcastle. I think this BY is so new it's not on the lists. Since it's new it should clock pretty well.

Yea everything I can find indicates it's a venice... I also don't know if they were ever sold at retail, as this one and all the ones i read about on other forums were pulled from HP's, emachines etc.

NBBWE is seen on some of the newer 3000/3200+ venice chips, so I have to believe it is a venice core.

Rest assured, it's a Venice.
There's no reason to think otherwise since the last letter of the stepping (5-letter code) is the revision of the chip...

NBBWE = Rev.E = Venice/San Diego/etc.
CBBID = Rev.D = Winchester
LBBVF = Rev.F = Orleans/Windsor/etc.

Afaik, 3400+ S939 Rev.E cpu's are OEM only. This proc is likely to be a leftover out of a upgraded/repaired system...

Afaik, 3400+ S939 Rev.E cpu's are OEM only. This proc is likely to be a leftover out of a upgraded/repaired system...

yeah.. aren't retail 2.2GHz Venice cores rated as 3500+?

What makes this particular type of Venice core weaker than the retail version that would warrant its lower PR?

Back