• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU block design

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frostmeister

Quickly playing about on flash, I've designed a GPU block that should be easy to mill out. This is going on an X800XT, and I'll also knock up some ramsinks out of some 1/8th plate I've got knocking about. If anyone's got any thoughts / comments, let me know :)
gpublock.jpg

:edit: the two white lines at the bottom denote the rough width of the inlet / outlet connectors, standard 1/2" barbs, drilled to 10mm ID. the rest is fairly self explanatory, water round the white bits, copper is the orange, and inlet / outlet I've yet to decide on exactly whether I'm going for straight or 90 degree mounted barbs, doesn't make any odds atm as I'm not SLI / Xfiring, but would be nice to have straight mounting or perhaps reverse mounted to come out the "right" way up when installed in a tower case...

Last edited:
About 7 - 10mm channel depth if I'm milling out of 1/2" bar stock. I've just had a bit of a brainwave though, involving the 1/8" plate. I might actually be better off going for a design that utilises lots more thinner channels; Maybe if I had a "U" shape, where the water flowing over the U channels went over the GPU on the curve of the U, taking in the ram as well, I might be able to have my cake and eat it as far as flow rates and restrictions are concerned. I've been playing around with a similar design for a peltier WB system for a while now. Simple flow direction through the thick poly top, lots of fine channels evenly spread, then back out again... I'll think some more.

Back