• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking with AI Booster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

updawg

StarCraft II Fanatic
Alright well I used AI booster and overclocked 30% on my (temporary, waiting for my e6600 to arrive) Celeron D and am running a Prime 95 torture test - the cpu temp reads 35 C and the system temp reads 45 C. I went from 2.93 ghz to 3.81 ghz and shaved about 10 seconds off my 1m super pi (its now a whopping 55 seconds). This is my first attempt at Overclocking and thought I would share my results, I know I "cheated" but I am still learning the ins and outs of the bios before I start messing around. So what do you think?

p.s. my rig is listed in my sig

that super pi test is indicative that you have a lot of junk running in the background...you should try to clean up windows of all the junk running in the background including excessive services and processes. www.tweakhound.com has an excellent xp rundown on tweaks you can do. google search ad-aware,spybot,ntregopt,ccleaner,and hijackthis
these programs will help you get rid of slow registry, spyware and excessive programs running in the background

no it is an indication that I'm using a celeron D, I have no processes running as this is a fresh install/build and my cpu limits everything including my ram.

rainless said:
You show 'em Zidane! Headbutt that fool!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I dont watch soccor. I kind of hate soccor. I kind of think its boring. But i watched the final world cup game..... and when i saw that... i laughed so hard.

What a way to leave your soccor career, in the last game, last play, red carded for HEADBUTTING a guy. AHAHAHAHAA

Anyways...

My cellyD runs SP1M in a little over a minute at 3.2ghz. Im using CpuCOOL because im on a HP and i cany adjust the bios.

i didn't realize which version of the celeron you were working with. I am just a newbie at this and was kind of confused since i thought Celeron D= Dothan even though you were talking about the 64 bit version. My computer did benchmark at around 1 minute and 5 seconds when i first got it(Dell inspiron 1300 celeron M Dothan @ 1.5) but after stripping down windows and cleaning up all the crap dell puts on their computers I got it down to 54 seconds.

Oh no problem I was just pointing out that my times were right on mark were they were suppose to be, hope I didn't come across as a prick.

Back