• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QUESTIONS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So here are screenshots. The digi VRM section has a ton of headings? I do not know which ones to change.
I can confirm i'm at 50 @ 1.35v (not 1.30 as previously stated

It's so weird. Using Ai tuner before I was stuck on 4.7-5.1 and now that we have dialed in a fixed multiplier of 49 then 50, @ 1.35v, I'm stuck at a solid 3.8.

You know that these ppl here who are trying to help you are EXPERTS in the field. Many of them have been doing this for 20+ years. What I see is that you have far too much information in front of you and you cant understand it all. No problem thats what they(we) are here to help with. As you have clearly stated you know almost nothing of overclocking. As such you would be best served to let them help you and take it one step at a time. Do not over think it, do not try to help us out by providing information that isnt going to help us help you. Forgive me for being so candid but I have watched countless ppl here, more than 80 posts, trying to help you and you just will not work with them. I'm going to offer your next step only. In your BIOS under the AI Overclocking Tuner, set it to manual so your multipler will be unlocked. This should allow you 50X multipler etc. Good luck and please, work with us not against us. We ARE here to help YOU. THX and let us know if it changes anything.

Z

You know that these ppl here who are trying to help you are EXPERTS in the field. Many of them have been doing this for 20+ years. What I see is that you have far too much information in front of you and you cant understand it all. No problem thats what they(we) are here to help with. As you have clearly stated you know almost nothing of overclocking. As such you would be best served to let them help you and take it one step at a time. Do not over think it, do not try to help us out by providing information that isnt going to help us help you. Forgive me for being so candid but I have watched countless ppl here, more than 80 posts, trying to help you and you just will not work with them. I'm going to offer your next step only. In your BIOS under the AI Overclocking Tuner, set it to manual so your multipler will be unlocked. This should allow you 50X multipler etc. Good luck and please, work with us not against us. We ARE here to help YOU. THX and let us know if it changes anything.

Z

It is set to manual, sync all cores, and a multiplier of 50.
I understand they are experts that's why I keep asking what to change and what not to change, how much to change. Let me check once again if it's set to manual.

You've got to find the power limits I mentioned and set them... 250W and 255A will be the values. Why it's sitting at 3.8 GHz, I have no idea right now... we're missing something... I fear you may have changed something, but its tough to put a finger on it.

You've got to find the power limits I mentioned and set them... 250W and 255A will be the values. Why it's sitting at 3.8 GHz, I have no idea right now... we're missing something... I fear you may have changed something, but its tough to put a finger on it.

I fear you are correct here E.D. With all the changes, software etc I cannot be sure just what may be causing it to lock at 3.8. It almost begs the question does the O.P. reset the BIOS and start from scratch? Remove all software except HWMon, CoreTemp, and CPUID. From there go one step at a time(as you and many have mentioned). And who knows what any of that software did to Windows. My fear is what the result of attempting that at this point will be.

Z

We did earlier... at some point... :)

It wouldn't hurt to try it again. I've also attached pics of my bios... The settings (values) will be different but these are the fields that should be set.

My multicore enhancement is on auto... maybe that is it as well.

I don't think it would hurt to just start over, lol.

View attachment 211456
View attachment 211457

Guys, thank you for your time.
A this stage I have decided not to pursue a manual overclock. There are simply too many variables. I know it's not lack of knowledge on your behalf, but this method of communicating by means of this board is simply not efficient enough. It is obvious to me that manual overclocks take lots of time and lots of skill, of which I have neither. If we all had the same bios, the same processor it could be feasible. I did find those two pins on the motherboard and was surprised to see two male pins simply sticking out of the mother board.
I did jump them for 5 seconds, and low and behold the bios resets. I know it's resetting because it initially takes me to American Megatrends page which is not in the bios. I then have to press F1.
Every time I do a manual overclock I get stuck at 3.8. Obviously I am missing something. It did work briefly this morning, and I am surprised it has never worked since. After a fresh jump start just now, I disabled all limits, put all cores to sync, put in a 49 multiplier and an offset voltage of 1.30, and when booting into windows It's stable at 3.8.
I'm missing something but I am not sure what.
On the other hand, I just installed AI suite again, did an automated overclock and fan control, and I am running in between 4.7 and 5.1. (or at least AI suite tells me I am, and so does CPU-Z).

Having said the above. Here is a final cinebench with temps in the high 60's.
I have to stop using cinebench now, it drives me up the wall.

It's like bizarro world where AI Suite is the method of overclocking that works. :rofl:

This (chat) usually works for most people. Plenty of success in threads and from the overclocking guide. Not sure what we're missing, lol.

I just woke up, took pc out of sleep, and it's blocked at 3.8. Last night before shutting down it was hovering between 4.7 and 5.1. This is really a mystery.
I may have to replace mother board.
I think we need a system. Let me think over the next few days on how to do this. Maybe a detailed excell sheet of every page in the bios? Maybe filling in a spreadsheet is the way to go.

Here are some screenshots of this mystery.
I am also going to contact Asus support, because quite a few people have had this problem

Nobody wants an excel sheet of bios settings, lol. Reach out to asus and see what they say.

Try one more thing. Is the windows power plan set to performance?

Yes its set to performance. Actually ultimate.
I just performed a jump start, went into bios and set XMP2 no overclock
Look it's running at 4.7-4.9
Now i will make pc sleep to see if it reverts to 3.8

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I just put it to sleep x2 and restarted x2.
The settings are still 4.7-4.9
It's a mystery why DURING THE NIGHT when pc was asleep it reverted to 3.8
I shall not overclock for the time being until I know what the hell is going on. You are correct it could be windows doing something.

Come to think about it. It's actually counter intuitive that XMP2 should set a clock speed of 4.7-4.9 after a CMOS reset.
I thought XMP was simply placing the memory and it's timings to rated speed.
Logically the memory should now read 3600 which it does, however clock speed should be stock at 3.8

I am now going to apply an overclock with AI tuner. This will set turbo up to 5.1. I bet you anything you want, that after that, if I put pc to sleep it will revert to 3.8

Just did a cinebench with xmp2 on and NO OVERCLOCK
the whole time cinebench was rendering clock read 4.7. Here is the score...nothing to write home about

Please answer the question I asked you previously with regards to XMP2? Thank you.

You didn't seem to ask a question in your last post...or the previous post...and a couple more before that, nada. I see declarative statements about XMP... but no questions. :sly:

If you want me to answer the statement, on some motherboards, like Asus, when you enable XMP, doesn't it pop up an option for MCE (multi-core enhancement)? If you click yes, then it 'overclocks' a bit. If you click no, it should be default speeds. But that is normal on Asus boards.. has been for a couple of generations. :)

Last edited:
Back