• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QUESTIONS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WTH is that CPU_OV jumper on the board lol, is that a thing now, do these boards have OC enabling jumpers?!

Ok, this is weird, that motherboard in fact does have a OC enabling jumper, OMG. Thats what ASUS support was talking about, not CMOS reset. I have never seen such a thing until now lol, thats why he cant input manual voltage.

R O F L

View attachment 211417View attachment 211419

WTH is that CPU_OV jumper on the board lol, is that a thing now, do these boards have OC enabling jumpers?!

Ok, this is weird, that motherboard in fact does have a OC enabling jumper, OMG. Thats what ASUS support was talking about, not CMOS reset. I have never seen such a thing until now lol, thats why he cant input manual voltage.

R O F L
That has nothing to do with his issues. If you short that jumper, I believe it will raise the limit on how much voltage you can input in the BIOS.

Ok guys good news
1. Passed 5 minute test at 49 on XTU with 1.35v NO YELLOW THROTTLES
2. Temps (core temp) were anywhere from 60-70, with an occasional one core burst up to 80. I would say the average is 70.

I have to work now, but looking for next steps?
Should I cinebench? Aida?

I thought I said to start at 1.30V, but 1.35V is fine. What stress test did you run (I want to make sure because I only see XTU in the screenshot when we asked more from you).

Next? Raise the CPU multiplier 50x... and keep raising the multiplier until it throttles/freezes/temps go over 90C. Good at 50x? Try 51x.... ;)

Again, if you use Coretemp, it shows MAXIMUM temperatures (average isn't remotely relevant). I'd like to see that on the screen in your next attempt along with AIDA. XTU is for you to look at to make sure it isn't throttling. We just want to see AIDA with Coretemp (coretemp started before you start the stress test) and CPUz.

Last edited:
sorry to have to ask. Do you want me to set it at 1.30 to do 5.0 or is 1.35 fine?
when aida is running a stress test and coretemp is showing me temperatures, do you simply want me to take multiple screen shots along the way? Or are you suggesting I do a video?

sorry to have to ask. Do you want me to set it at 1.30 to do 5.0 or is 1.35 fine?
earthdog said:
....but 1.35V is fine.
The name of the overclocking game is to use the least amount of voltage needed to be stable at a given clock speed. YOU need to find that out (later - right now we are not there but just getting an idea of how your CPU is).

As far as the screenshot, just put all the apps on the screen so the requested and relevant information is visible and take a screenshot...

Don't understand what is going on
I started Aida and core temp and looked in Hwinfo and it says the multiplier is 38??
It reverted to 38 in the bios? I never changed it back.

Don't understand what is going on
I started Aida and core temp and looked in Hwinfo and it says the multiplier is 38??
It reverted to 38 in the bios? I never changed it back.
What happens when you put a load on it? Does it go back up to 50x? If so, it's likely just the power savings doing its job.

Is the BIOS still set at 50x?
What does CPUz say when the CPU is loaded?

Please, let's ditch Hwinfo... it's above your head/too much information right now. You also, for some odd reason, have memory checked in the AIDA test. Again, I said CPU, FPU, and Cache. You've got to be more accurate and conscious, bud. :) :thup:

Last edited:
I just went into bios AND IT IS STILL SET TO 49, no changes. But the PC is running at 38
ummm?
I have photoshop open on the background because bios screenshots are bmp and this site does not support bmp so have to make a jpeg to post
Why does cpuz say 38?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I have not tried 50 yet...not mentally ready until we figure out why its set to 49 multiplier in bios and only doing a 38 in real life

Come on man...... answer the questions I posted above!!! Repeating the same thing you said isn't moving forward or helpful.

What happens when you put a load on it? Does it go back up to 49x? If so, it's likely just the power savings doing its job.

Is the BIOS still set at 49x?
What does CPUz say when the CPU is loaded?

All you need to do is have AIDA running the stress test, with CPUz and Coretemp up and take a screenshot of all three in ONE SHOT.

EDIT: MS Paint will change a BMP to JPG. ;)

Last edited:
Did a cinebench...not very good
When you're ready to listen, let us know. :)

At this point, I'm taking a break until you feel like following instructions and stop posting irrelevant data that is only serving to confuse you.

Slow down...... take a deep breath... just do what we have asked of you and (for now) nothing more. :)

Here is AIDA
it has multiple tabs up top. which do you want?
I'm quite certain pc is running at 38, the temps are too low

Here is the unified tab

Here is AIDA
it has multiple tabs up top. which do you want?
I'm quite certain pc is running at 38, the temps are too low
You AIDA image is fine.

You may be right about the clocks, but if you can't figure out how to take a screenshot with all three applications I asked up at the same time we cannot confirm. You may be throttling...... I don't know... have XTU up and make sure the throttling reasons are visible so you can see if it is. XTU doesn't 'hold' the value if it is throttling so you need to constantly watch for it. You need to figure that out. We can't read your screen for ya, bud.

Now, for the sake of my sanity, post up a screen shot with AIDA running with CPUz and Coretemp IN THE SAME IMAGE.

This feels like herding cats..... :(

Here ya go. CRTL+ALT DEL takes two screens so had to use win10 snipping tool..
XTU does say 49.
Do not understand why pc is running at 38?

what voltage for 50 in bios? 1.30?

Patience... :p

Make sure any power and current limits are set to max. This should be in the Digi VRM or internal PCU power mgmt section somewhere.

Patience... :p

Make sure any power and current limits are set to max. This should be in the Digi VRM or internal PCU power mgmt section somewhere.

Will do. at the moment I am on a multiplier of 50 at 1.30 v. The cpu does not budge above or below 3.8 even when I stress it. So something is not right. Cinebench scores are around 3900, which is so low.

Back