• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not one week and my headphones break

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stavros

This past weekend I was down in Florida and was itching to buy some headphones that had 2.5mm (or 3.5mm) connectors. My last set was a Plantronics set that had USB. I wanted these so I could utilize my Audigy 2 ZS.

Not 2 hours ago I was playing Half Life 2. I absolutely had to have a Grape Soda, so I get up forgetting the volume control was clipped to my shorts. I hear a crash and turn on the light and the right ear piece was detached from the headset. I'm angry because they cost me ~$50. I can't return them, but I do have the choice to call tech support and see if I can get them to send me a new pair.

BTW my headset is a Altec Lansing. Specifically this pair.

So I pose these questions:
(A) Should I call tech support and see if I can get them to replace them?
(B) Go to Office Depot and get a pair of Plantronics?
(C) Go to Office Depot and get something like these.*
(D) Other? (Any other ideas)

*I'm hesitant to do this because my computer is situated in the living room area and sits right by my brothers laptop. I'd be more comfortable having a 2.1 or even a 5.1 surround sound setup when I get my own room (which should be in 2 months or so).

You should lQQk into Koss, there cans are guaranteed for life. My buddy gave me a set of bashed up SM-80's, I emailed Support and they gave me directions to send the cans w/ $11 and they sent me a brand new pair which I've had for almost 2 years now.

Back