• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wireless card q's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

what is tx burst ?
what about fast roaming option ? (this can be specified to a dBm level)
CCX 2.0 ?

B/G protection ?

main concern is if any of these can affect performance...

thanks in advance

tx burst (i'm actually guessing tx power) is something I'm not too familiar with.

fast roaming is just the ability to connect quickly between different WAP's on the same WLAN. So unless you have multiple WAP's on your network, no need to worry about fast roaming.

CCX 2.0 is just cisco compatible extensions. Makes your card compatible with Cisco WLAN infrastructure.

B/G protection -- not sure about that one either.

tx burst and tx power from what i could find are different things..

and what i found was people asking what the two meant ... so mt assumption is they have both options but do not know what they are ..

my card says tx rate (assuming that is the same as power) where i can select 1 mbps, 5.5, 11, 54, etc...

it also has tx burst with a box to put a check mark in to enable it ..

i read one thing where it says it has compatability for when the tx rate exceeds the specified setting it can compensate for the burst length .. but im not sure :D

Back