• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/Cing EVGA 7950GT KO...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikeos

Registered
Hello,

I am trying to O/C my EVGA 7950GT KO, and I've run into some issues.. I got coolbits working by running a registry script (found I believe off of tomshardware), but it set the coolbits value to hex=ffffff.. instead of 1, and added a whole bunch of other registry entries. Could this be an issue?

Also, I found the EVGA KO SC bios (which runs at 600mhz gpu clock and 725mem clock) and flashed my card w/ this bios. The problem has been when I try to O/C the card more using superbits.. Superbits detected safe O/C speeds of ~630gpu and ~760mem. When I tried to save the settings tho they wouldn't save, and later the computer completely shutdown and rebooted once, and corrupted a few files on the hdd.. :confused: Is it common for the pc to choke badly w/ superbits? Are people using other programs besides superbits to O/C? Also, does anyone know what the stock voltage for this bios is? I have run the card and runs fine at the stock SC (superclock) speeds, but I was just wondering why I can't push it more, and it chokes badly..?

Any help is very much appreciated. Currently I'm using a arctic cooler ver.5 rev3 (man I had to hack ~1inch off the end). Honestly the stock cooler on this video card was pretty good, it was just obnoxiously loud when the fan kicked on.. Thanks.

I had good luck using ati tool to OC my 7950gt, sadly the card was only stable 15mhz over stock core and 100mhz on the memory.

Back