• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drive not found? (PX-716SA)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mage_x

I have a Plextor PX-716SA which worked fine before I reformatted, but before I reformatted I had installed a spare LiteOn drive to install windows on since it wouldnt install from the Plextor drive for some reason. Now, the Plextor drive won't work. XP is already supposed to have the drivers and what not for it, but when I put in any disc, the disc won't load, and when I try to run the PX firmware update, it says "drive not found." Any ideas?

It doesn't show up in device manager either, but the light comes on, so there is power to it and the SATA plug is still plugged in.

Edit: SATA BOOTROM is enabled in the BIOS. I don't know what the problem is other than that the other drive isn't allowing it to be found. Guess I'll try removing the LiteOn drive next.

Specs:
Socket 754 K8V Deluxe
A64 3200
1gb RAM
PX716-SA
LiteOn CD/RW

Last edited:
Took the other drive out and it still doesn't work. It shows in the boot up screen, but not in the device manager. Computer is not OC'd and I just had it unplugged working on it, so that isn't the problem. Let me play around in the BIOS a bit and see if I can fix it.

Are you sure there is power connected and the SATA connection is secure? Also the SATA controller should be set to AHCI or whatever.

RangerXLT8 said:
Also the SATA controller should be set to AHCI or whatever.
Where is that option? My BIOS doesn't even have any SATA options other than 'SATA BOOTROM: Enabled/Disabled.'

Windows Update did nothing.

Still haven't resolved this problem. Any thoughts?

Edit: Fixed it. Turns out I had to install my motherboard's RAID drivers.

Last edited:
Back