• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New E6600 - Overclock Potential

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Premmer

Just completed installation. Running at default settings. CPU batch number is L632A659. Has anyone had any OC experience with this batch? Any estimates on OC potential given my system specs and CPU batch number?

Also noted that Vcore @ idle is ~1.14V and ~1.29V running PRIME 95 as reported by CPU-Z 1.38. Is that a typical Conroe characteristic?

Last edited:
what does coretemp say your VID is?

Otherwise the batch number is kind of irrelevent so far. Other then its a pretty new chip.

greenmaji said:
Average results compared to similar cooling.

Spare me some reading, what are average results expressed in ~ CPU speed, load temperature and Vcore setting range?

Thanks

It varies CPU to CPU quite significantly but generally the 6600's are awesome overclockers. If you've got good cooling (pref. 120mm HS of some form) you should be able to run 3.6GHz 24/7 stable on air if you've got a good chip.

Almost all of them will do atleast 3.1GHz on air.

For the most part the motherboard plays a bigger role in getting to 400FSB/3.6GHz then the chip does, provided you have DDR800. Currently I'm 100% stable with the same VID as you at 3.6/1.55v (my MCHv is 1.75) and max load of 55-57c under orthos and 50-55c folding on both cores.

Mr. T, what cooling are you using to get them temps? (What are you using to measure too?)

Well the motherboard might play a factor in the actual clock of it but so do temps. And some CPU's just don't have good contact with the IHS which raise the temps much higher then what it should be.

xenotick said:
Mr. T, what cooling are you using to get them temps? (What are you using to measure too?)

Moderate water with a single block loop and dual 120mm radiator. I'm using Abits Guru utility to monitor voltage and temperature.

with water you'll easily get 3.6. I'm stuck at 3.1-3.2 but I haven't really tried pushing my chip. I have the same vcore as you and it sort of sucks for us lol but better for you cause you got water cooling. I got the best air cooling you can get, but we'll see what I can do

I'm hoping to hit about 3.4 with E6600, 2gig Ballistix pc2 8000, EVGA 680i on air cooling but this is my first overclocked system so I may be getting my hopes up a little too high.

MadMatt2600 said:
I'm hoping to hit about 3.4 with E6600, 2gig Ballistix pc2 8000, EVGA 680i on air cooling but this is my first overclocked system so I may be getting my hopes up a little too high.

Easily doable - my systems getting hotter than it should for whatever reason. I can still run a 3.4GHz without much strain at all at 1.36V. With some better air cooling I think this beast could do 3.7GHz 24/7 stable at approaching 1.5.. (ATM at 1.36V load: 60oC ish)

Back