• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Borgix 2.0 - Resumed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

King Warg²

After experimenting with the latest ubuntu version I have decided to base Borgix 2.0 from Ubuntu 6.10. Due to the ease of working with ubuntu I think it is a good choice.. Project development will probably restart in a week or two..depending on how things go..

King Warg² said:
After experimenting with the latest ubuntu version I have decided to base Borgix 2.0 from Ubuntu 6.10. Due to the ease of working with ubuntu I think it is a good choice.. Project development will probably restart in a week or two..depending on how things go..

I applaud this anouncement as I have been inquiring as to your activity on the original Borgix, from time to time.
This is excellent news, as both open source and f@h are 2 very worthwhile causes. I can't wait to see it! Good luck!

I'd be more than interested in joining some development team! Although I've never made a custom livecd, I am getting better by the day with ubuntu.

agreed. I know that pretty much all of us would be willing to lend a hand if at all needed. Just let us know.

A neat idea would be borgix gets a collective so that you can do a network install with a minimal cd!

hmm.... i'm open 3 days a week now warg (tues-thurs)... and i'm sure if ya wanted to shlep on over, we could fiddle with it some... i got a free partition that i was thinking of dedicating to debian anyways....

i've never even begun to try and make my own distro, so all of this would be completely new to me. I guess I should start reading Linux from Scratch.

No need to go that far, splat. Remastering isn't that difficult...well... htat is when you don't do what i did and totally wipe the chroot environment before warg saved it.... :(

well, I'd be able to help with as much as settin up a chroot and getting things configured. putting it onto a cd either as a live distro or for install to hd i'd be clueless on.

Warg had quite the day yesterday. The area where my brothers go to college was under lockdown because of a massive gas leak AND a massive water main bust.

Warg just drove down past the 'don't pass this point' zone, grabbed my bros, and booked it out of there.

It's 10F* this morning, and only gonna get colder by monday night. Looking at Below 0 temps here for the first time since November 05.

King Warg² said:
first i guess i need a shell script to automatically download and install java to memory drive..and change the symlinks..

I believe the JRE (Java Runtime Environment) is already install in Ubuntu. I'm working on a script right now that will detect you your cpu is multicore and if so download the SMP client, if not download the regular client.

Back