• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting back into Folding...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elif Tymes

Well, I've was folding for JonSPD for a while on my laptop, then my laptop started going funky and chunky, so I stopped, but it's now back to a state of good running :) (Killed Windows, installed Ubuntu, all issues went away :p).

I also now have a 1400+ as a file server with a gig of RAM and my desktop machine is a P4, so I think I'm gonna start folding for myself again.

Before I do that though, are there any subgroups I should join in on? Anyone with a goal to reach that I can help with? I only have a mere 5ish Ghz of power but that should still help, right?

Our Team goal is to take over the #2 ranking spot by STORM!

Good to see back in the Fold Elf.

Native Linux install? :) good ju-ju you have going.

That seems to make some good ppd.

:welcome: home.
:attn:

Elif Tymes said:
Before I do that though, are there any subgroups I should join in on? Anyone with a goal to reach that I can help with? I only have a mere 5ish Ghz of power but that should still help, right?

Glad to see you back dude! Hey F(OC)LD is hurtin a bit and we have yet to hit the 1 million mark so if you wanna fold with us you know what to do.We could use you.Any questions just let me know :)

I'll start my server on crunching right away :). My desktop is going to be offline until Ubuntu 7.04 comes out, and then I'll get that crunching. I want to finish these last two work units for JonSPD before switching to F(OC)LD :)

:welcome: back to the fold ... every rig helps THE Cause as well as the ocau overtake mission we are on :thup:

My serve rkeeps spitting this out in logs... Any ideas?

[00:58:44] - Successful: assigned to (171.64.65.65).
[00:58:44] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[00:58:45] Loaded queue successfully.
[00:58:57] + Could not connect to Work Server
[00:58:57] - Error: Attempt #4 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.

Aight, figured what the heck why not and started my desktop rig folding too.

2.8Ghz P4 with a Gig of RAM... No OC possible in this POC Dell mobo, but it's still a CPU, no?

Hey Elif Tymes glad to see you back folding for Team 32 and the newer members (like me)every point counts toward putting OCAU in our rear view mirror and like LS said "we need all the help we can get" :clap: (I'm tryin' to feel bad for OCAU, but I just can't :rolleyes:)

Back