• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Card Melted!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

core2due

I was just surfing the web and I guess my heatsink fell off? The card is/was a GeForce4 MX 440 AGP. The card served me well for 4 years as a backup PC. Anyways, here are some pix of the damage.

DSC02847.jpg

DSC02848.jpg

core2due said:
I was just surfing the web and I guess my heatsink fell off? The card is/was a GeForce4 MX 440 AGP. The card served me well for 4 years as a backup PC. Anyways, here are some pix of the damage.

DSC02847.jpg

DSC02848.jpg
Are you serious?! I thought those cards had a shutdown temp! This one looks like it was burned...

Something is wrong here, why is the VGA port melted? And to warp the metal like that, it would have to be subject to extremely high temps. And your heatsink FELL off?!

bchur83 said:
I am going to have to call BS. There is no way that card would look like that. It looks more like someone took a torch to it.

After looking at the pics for a few mins, I'm going to agree.

Yeah, I'm just kidding :) It was torched. Wanted to see what you guys would say :)

Here's some actual video of heatsinks being taken off of CPU's- It's AMD vs. Intel!

It's an old video, as you can tell from the models. But I LOVE this vid. Apologies to those that have already seen it a million times.

Idk how, but i acutally had a nvidia 4200's fan melt in on itself, i didnt even know it for weeks, but it kept working.....even on high loads like hl2

Lol I nearly believed that one! But I had a Geforce 2 MX400 long time ago, and the fan had quit functioning without me realising. Heaven knows how long it had been at a standstill before I realised.

I still use that card to test AGP slots and it still works magnificently.

hey, neo 2 looked like that when it bit it from a leaky pump. ;) Almost thought you killed your SECOND GS hah.

Valk said:
hey, neo 2 looked like that when it bit it from a leaky pump. ;) Almost thought you killed your SECOND GS hah.
Ya that would of sucked if it was my second gs.:mad:

Lol, actually I don't know if the card was dead :) I pulled it from my first computer, an HP, a long time ago when I upgraded to a Radeon 9600 :) It was sitting in a dresser for a loooong time, and then I had it just lying on my desk for the last few weeks. I don't have any AGP computers at my place to use it in anyways, soooo... I now have a GPU core and a memory module :D

BTW, it had a passive HS :)

Back