• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

San Diego 4.4GHz POST!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Impressive.... but whats the point if you can't even get past the POST screen?? How did you get it to post anyways? Never seen an AMD chip do past 3.4...

Wow, I didn't even know that there were settings in the BIOs that could get the chip to those speeds. Congrats too, BTW :beer: . That sounds like a monster chip.

I wonder how far you can go on the new 65nm cores. :D
3GHz is easy with newer chips, I bet they can get 4.5GHz stable... but can they take the voltages? :eek:

Oh well... I'm still happy with my X2 4400, Toledo! It owns!

I bought the thing the moment the price dropped from $1000 to $500! It was the most i've ever spent on a CPU but it shure was a keeper, I hit 3.1GHz on my special brew of milled water block,, copper piping, high pressure coolant pump, 18x45cm copper heatercore and liquid gallium-tin 60-fo coolant!

I'd still have the liquid cooling rig... but it was expensive to maintain thanks to the coolant, and my DFI mainboard died... I'm back on a cheap Biostar mobo.

harlam357 said:
My Opt165 // Your X2 Toledo
werenotsodifferentxd4.jpg

Shell said:
Ya but I swapped OCZ plat's after my promo sticks died.
I now have these nutters burning away! :santa: :burn:
http://www.ocztechnology.com/produc...00_2x1024mb_platinum_edition_dual_channel_kit
OSH-! You'ere only 20MHz behind me!
I'd push my rig higher, but I need absolute(and I mean totalitarian absolute) 24/7 stability so MAYA can keep humming away for weeks on end.

What's that I small? San Diego on fire? :eek:
I have a bran new kit of those upstairs , that im selling to a friend . How do they clock I havent tested them yet . can they do 270 or above ? and can the timmings be droped @ all ?

Shell said:
Ya but I swapped OCZ plat's after my promo sticks died.
I now have these nutters burning away! :santa: :burn:
http://www.ocztechnology.com/produc...00_2x1024mb_platinum_edition_dual_channel_kit
OSH-! You'ere only 20MHz behind me!
I'd push my rig higher, but I need absolute(and I mean totalitarian absolute) 24/7 stability so MAYA can keep humming away for weeks on end.

What's that I small? San Diego on fire? :eek:

Yeah... yeah... my EBs will do 540 stable... but with my 165 @ 2.9, this is where I have to run them :duh: .. besides, I'd rather take the higher cpu clock any day. :beer:

||Console|| said:
I have a bran new kit of those upstairs , that im selling to a friend . How do they clock I havent tested them yet . can they do 270 or above ? and can the timmings be droped @ all ?
They're kinda wonky sticks...
Either they're awesome... or they die after a month of nonstop burning. :beer:
@210MHz, 2-3-2-4;
@220MHz, 2-3-2-6;
@260MHz, 2.5-3-2-6; Laggy strobe.
@280MHz, 3-3-3-6;
Don't expect such good results unless you tweak the crap out of your system... I had to play with the BIOS and A64 for a while... or you can just up the voltage madly.
I however don't want a lot of voltage pumping through my sticks... because I never want to buy DDR again. :eek:

Last edited:
This has to be some sort of bios bug.
4.4GHz at 1.325 volts.... right.
Ram is at 400MHz (=DDR800, pc6400) cas 2,5... sure...

SuperDave1685 said:
Impressive....

SuperDave1685 said:
but whats the point if you can't even get past the POST screen??
I felt better since I could not see these amazing speeds!

SuperDave1685 said:
How did you get it to post anyways?
Around 3GHz (Vcore = 1.45 - 1.55).

SuperDave1685 said:
Never seen an AMD chip do past 3.4...
I have seen higher speeds at XtremeSystems but they are subzero cooled.

enakje said:
This has to be some sort of bios bug...
No I don't think so cos after 3.2 GHz MSDOS MemTest cannot startup.

enakje said:
4.4GHz at 1.325 volts.... right...
The actual Vcore is higher (1.52) measured with multimeter ------> Guidemania for more info.

MrSeanKon said:
What do you mean? :confused:
I am very tired now so I don't understand you.
Wake up. Ok now. j/k

All chips come from a common wafer (silicon disk). They contain from 10s to 100s of chips per wafer depending on the component type and size. The wafer is cut into chips ( chipped from the wafer) and the edge parts sent to recycling. Then all these chips go off to be mounted on the carrier with pinned or padded grids. These are then socketed and tested (not sure when the IHS is added). From these tests they are binned for speed and power rating.
My point is that like any process today, there is always a sweetspot in the process where all the etching and material deposits work just a little better. Imagine your backyard or window sills in an apartment. Some spots plants do well in others they croak. Then there's just this one window where the conditions are just right for a plant to flourish. On the wafer 's array of CPUs, it's highly probable to have components form just right with exceptional qualities in the gates and interconnects to have a top performer. The CPU we dream about landing :drool: AMD may know the spot on the wafers I'm sure and can select the best candidates. I think, if it's true, that this CPU doing 4 gig must have been in the right spot on the wafer.

Back