• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this ram any Good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

I just sent in for RMA these OCZ Gold PC2 8800 DDR2 1100 for the second time.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227159

Now when i rmaed these i asked if they could give me something like the platinum PC2 8000 DDR2 1066. and OCZ was gonna send me the OCZ2N1066SR2GK.

But i dont like the heatspreader with the big SLI written on it so i asked if they would do something else and they said yeah We will replace your kit with the OCZ2N10662GK instead.

It's the same memory as the OCZ2N1066SR2GK, they just feature different heatspreaders.

Is anyone here running the OCZ2N10662GK in a non SLI mobo or crossfire mobo like mine.Will these act like normal D9GMH.Im pretty sure thats what these are.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227178&ATT=20-227-178&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r

Last edited:
your right they are d9gmh.they should be fine with your mb.what exactly are you concerned with?not booting etc?

More like Im worried about these dieing too..lol My golds died so easy im worried these will also(2x rma's for the golds)) .Plus im wondering since they are optimized for SLI boards if they will run the same on a non SLI.

ah i see.that truly sucks!
the sli designation is more for marketing than anything tbh.its essentially just a way to allow the chipset to control the timings.so you should be golden...if they dont take a dive as well.i cant imagine they would but after 2 rmas i can understand your trepidation.

Thanks and Yeah im leery for sure.And its funny i bought a cheap backup kit and they work better than my good ram.I might just sell the OCZ's when they come back and get another set of the Geils 2x1gb DDR2 800 from newegg for $99.They have ran without issue since i bought them.I wish i could say the same for the OCZ's.I should have bought Crucials from the get go.

Back