• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What about the older parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
BAR is for building new machines, cutting edge design. But what about older machines? P4's and Althons can still fold prety good. What do we do abou them? I think either AAR needs to be adjusted, or maybe something else someone can think of. But what happens if someone's AMD 939 motherboard goes on one of their rigs? Well that wouldn't be covered under BAR, as its too old. If someone just needs one part, does AAR cover them? As I understand it doesn't, but I think these people need to be included in our additions to the forums.

There are also times when what might be outdated parts on the rest of the rig, can still work well with a modern folding rig.

C2D capable motherboards that run AGP and a DDR 444 memory standard come to mind. Not to mention the fact that I have three PSU's over 400W w/ 20 pin main connectors, and only one PSU with a 24 pin main cable.

But after some rummaging I think that I am good to add another rig to my home farm by splitting up some parts between the other rigs... and it should work. But I only have one x16 graphics card, and a CHEAP x16 graphics card is something I'm willing to trade a friend of mine my entire P4 rig for because that extra $35 not spent on the egg is an extra $35 of processor for that new C2D after the price drop.

Back