• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do with old HSF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Helghas

I've stopped tinkering with my rig in preparation for my new child's arrival. PArt of the preparations is to purge a lot of stuff from my man room. Where it once looked like a computer graveyard, now it's looking more like a storage closet. Hey, it's a process...

I have this Socket 775 HSF from Kingwin that I have no idea what to do with. It's not a good one, considering it was very loud and not extremely effective. I have decided that it's really no use to anyone here, but I did offer it for free on Craigslist. I got no emails in a week. I don't want to throw it out, but I can't find a use for it. What do you think?

hmm... you're patience enough, maybe it will turn into vintage/classic OC-ing gear in the future like this here. :D

Or you can cut it up and make nice MOSFET or RAM sinks. Maybe even a couple chipset sinks.

Back