• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A8V Deluxe problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChaosD

I have had my computer setup for about 3 years years. Recently in the last 3 months the fan on my Geforce TI 4200 card died. Didn't have the money to replace so just let it run till it died. I have a really good cooling system so I thought it didn't matter. So everything was working fine, and then suddenly I leave my computer for an hour and come back and my screen is black. Do all the troubleshooting things, and the POST test ends up telling me "VGA failed Post test." Logically I think that the card finally died. That's where it get weird. So I buy a new card, a Geforce 6200 (basically to make sure that it's only a video card problem before I splurge on a agp card and then end up needing a whole new mobo). When I put the card in I get no video display, but unlike before, I get no voice error or beep either. I take the card out, I get the "VGA failed test" again, put the old TI 4200, get the same thing. I have already done the bios reset, cmos reset and nothing new. I have removed all my wires from the mobo, and put them in one by one, the problem is, when I did, I wasn't get any errors, even the errors I should have been getting. Like I had no memory or hard drives connected, and it gave me no voice error. However if I put everything in but the video card, it gives me the vga failed test thing. I don't see anything wrong physically with the motherboard, and I'm sure all my other parts work. All my fans power on, all my drives power up, but it doesn't seem like the computer is getting past POST. I try holding down all the keyboard buttons to get an audio response, and I get nothing. It seems like the mobo might be dead but I can't be sure when it still powers up and gives me at least one error.

The easiest way to test this would be to use a cheap PCI card. If the board powers up, your AGP slot may be toast.

Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

Is the AGP card firmly seated? Try to push it in real hard,
sometims they make a 'click' and go 1/2 mm deeper in the slot, and start working.

Back