• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TEAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
team 32 :D

alot of stuff but right now just my lappy and 170 :D

welcome to the forums and team if you decide upon joining....

Someone post the Fold Flash for Guru. I lost the link or I would b/c I think it does a pretty good job explaining what folding is.

OK interesting attempts at question answering, but here is a great read:

http://folding.stanford.edu/ Explains Folding

And to join our team, you just set your team number to "32" when you install Folding@Home. Details on how to install are in the site above.

Folding is basically a study to determine how our proteins should change from their initial almost straight construction, into a final compact "coiled" shape, so it can do it's work.

The right protein, with the wrong shape, is not just useless - it causes diseases of many kinds, and most of them are quite serious.

Doing the study by simulation in our computers, (which is of course, tested against some lab studies for accuracy), allows the study to be accelerated by more than 1000X what could be done in labs alone, in the same length of time.

Welcome aboard. :beer: or :soda:

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, and we look forward to your opinions and comments, on our forum. (and now your forum, as well) :) :) :)

welcome to the team. Be sure to set your username as ludeboy12

and yes just to clarify this is a JOKE. use your forum username obviously.

Last edited:
Back