• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want my Linux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkArctic

I've repartitioned my hard disk so that I can fit the newest Red Hat Linux 7.2 on my hard disk. But the burned cd's that I have are useless. It's true that you get what you pay for. 12 80min. CD-R's for $12 is just not worth it folks. Now I'm Linux-less for another day. God have mercy on my soul. How will I survive.

:(

-DarkArctic

I get mines from Aldi. 10 CDRs, 24x, 700MB - £4, approx $6?

I'll head off today to see what RadioShack as. They should have some decent CDR's. At least they'll be better than the ones I have now. Not a successful burn with them yet. And I've burned 4 of them. Grrrrrr.

-DarkArctic

Seems like you guys are getting bamboozled. I can get 50 pack of memorex 700mbs for 20 bucks at Wal - Mart

better yet, a 100 pack of 80min CDRs for $36.95.... $0.37 a cd!

My friend got a ripping deal of 50 3inch CDRs for something like $25. it may not sound like a bad deal but they only hold 150mb (I think) so he paid for the coolness factor. :)

Those tiny CD's are awesome!

...Except they have close to no use...

Lol, if they were cheaper, those things would be my main kinda CD! I rarely burn stuff larger than 100meg, i only do when i'm *NOT* copying games...:rolleyes:

(Note to mods: I said NOT!! see, i'm not promoting it, just promoting the fact that copying stuff is BAD, not good!

Back