• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rumor: 120-160GB PS3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_bl...ct=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;3

With Sony dropping the 60GB in the Uk and US along with the 80GB supposedly getting the chop and keeping the 40GB on store shevles everywhere could they have plans for a bigger (probably more expensive) newer SKU.

Also could it come with the new runble Dual shock 3 I have a feeling it'll be true and if so I am glad I didnt purchase 1 this x-mas waiting till summer for mine.

man, this generation of console gaming is filled with a ton of different SKU's.

having 2 different sku's isn't so bad. a cheaper one for more of the mass market, and a more expensive one for the hardcore gamer market. But sheesh.

ya know, i really don't mind all these SKU changes. BUT, i hate the fact that sony keeps killing off the PS3's functionality with each SKU. why can't sony keep backwards compatibility? thats really the only extra function i REALLY want out of the PS3. all the extra ports, and card readers is just bells and whistles to me.

when i do eventually get a PS3, i'd like to not have to pull out my PS2, and hook the thing up, just to play my handful of PS2 games. I have too much stuff as it is, i don't need more stuff cluttering up my room!

THIS IS WHY SONY WILL NOT WIN THE CURRENT GEN WAR!!!

the 360 has this gen already won... I cant tell you how sad this is getting for sony right now. They have gone through too many changes and hdd sizes and **** to make people even care.

Right now all they are trying to do is catch up to the 360 elite with a bigger hdd and dual shock controllers..

They need to stop and think about this before they start doing anything.. Its just pathetic.

THIS IS WHY SONY WILL NOT WIN THE CURRENT GEN WAR!!!

the 360 has this gen already won... I cant tell you how sad this is getting for sony right now. They have gone through too many changes and hdd sizes and **** to make people even care.

Right now all they are trying to do is catch up to the 360 elite with a bigger hdd and dual shock controllers..

They need to stop and think about this before they start doing anything.. Its just pathetic.

Joe consumer buys what's on the shelf with his favorite game.

I'm sure they know what they are doing, we don't have all their production costs and plans in front of us :)

Should be interesting since Sony is tight-lipped when it comes to any PS3 news.

The memory card readers was pointless in my eyes I wonder how many used it to show people there pictures taken off a digital camera errr probably not many with PC's doing a lot more.

The sacking of PS2's BC is a money thing PS2 is still selling strong even after all this time get rid of the PS3's BC and you'll sell more PS2's for those who haven't got 1 and just bought/traded in for a PS3 and have found some PS2 games they liked or remembered playing at a friends house.

The 120GB hard drive is to tackle the 360 Elite's with Playstation Store getting more full arcade games like WarHawk which is big in size. And then there's other stuff like add-ons music videos coming soon or are they on now? 40, 60 or 80GB isn't enough. But for 60GB 1st gen PS3 owners it would be cheaper to buy a 120GB SATA notebook HDD and slam that thing in.

It just doesn't make sense to me. It does if it is at the same price as the unit is replacing, give the consumers a little more for their money, sweeten the pot, but one of the main talking points on the PS3 was that you could replace your 20 or 60gb HDD with whatever size you wanted as any SATA 2.5" drive would work. That hasn't changed to my knowledge.

What a waste. Their current SKU sets are fine. Stop bringing out new consoles and bring new some more exclusive titles and a standalone Dualshock 3!

deception``

Back