• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rumor: Wii 2 In Production

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I actually thought the 20gb on the drive was a joke AT release, 40s-100s were standard in laptops. I have a 100gb in my laptop that I got prior to the release of the 360.

What I would expect and in part hope to see from "Wii 2"

internal Hard drive for User created Games and game saves.
removable " SIM CARD" in the Wiimotes to bring your Mii information around with you.
built in wireless networking
8 controllers
multiple Balance board use, so people could do games like Wii Ski against each other.
Radio Controlled Wiimote rather then line of sight,

I figured in 2 - 3 years leaning more for the 3 year mark with announcements in 2 years they will be happy with the saturation of the Wiimarket and will have had a flood of fun games, it will be time to update the graphics, and gameplay just a little, now if they could output to multiple TV's for split screen gaming that would be sweeet! I know I would make my second TV moveable for parties if my Wii was "smart" enough to split screen 2 players per screen,

Does Nintendo really need a new console? All they do is remake the same games that were on the original NES and add a dumb word like super or ultra infront of it.

Does Nintendo really need a new console? All they do is remake the same games that were on the original NES and add a dumb word like super or ultra infront of it.

Super NES was one of the best systems of all time :p. I would say the majority of SNES games weren't rehashed NES games anyways.

Heh, yeah, make all the games sound like poorly translated Japanese titles. "Super ultra power Mario 1up deluxe!"

Heh, yeah, make all the games sound like poorly translated Japanese titles. "Super ultra power Mario 1up deluxe!"

Let's see......

NES:
Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3

SNES: Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2

N64: Mario 64

GameCube: Mario Sunshine (was originally Mario 128)

Wii: Mario Galaxy

I think they quit the poor naming conventions after the N64......

Does Sony really need another console?
all they do is release the exact same game with different graphics, game play never changes, point, shoot, done. OR play football

Back