• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rumor: Goldeneye 007 For XBLA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NO!!! Don't ruin a classic...please. IMO, the game that launched the multiplayer and revolutionized gaming as we know it can never be meddled with! Ever! They will only ruin it!

Still crying...I'll sue for gross negligence and crimes against gaming! If anything, don't change anything and bring it back in it's original form for a Nintendo FPS multiplayer (which would still probably suck).

If it's coming to the arcade then the only thing they will probably do is change the controls to accommodate the 360 controller and maybe give it hd resolution support. Take a chill pill or something.

I doubt if it will be treated badly. Look at the Marathon conversion. Admittedly most of the work was already done as hi-res graphics and a reworked engine already existed before the decision to make a marketplace game.

If it's coming to the arcade then the only thing they will probably do is change the controls to accommodate the 360 controller and maybe give it hd resolution support. Take a chill pill or something.

Sorry, hormones or something :). I'm just extremely partial to certain things and Goldeneye was one of them.

If they can do it justice and make it popular, not just a rehashed css or some crap like that, then I will give it my stamp of success. It needs to have old nuances and some new features to make it appealing to this younger crowd. Oddjob needs to be pwned!

Goldeneye AND Perfect Dark for XBL!? Holy ****! That could be worth buying an 360!

This would nbe superb on wii, if wii mote was incorporated and online multiplayer was too.

http://kotaku.com/344084/xbla-goldeneye-was-real-nearly-done-now-dead

Denied.

Microsoft and Nintendo couldn't come to an agreement on who should get a bigger slice of the pie, so the project got the axe. It's a shame, it would've been a pretty good game (save for all the 13-year-olds complaining about graphics and spouting racial slurs like some kind of fountain of immaturity over XBL)

a shame yes, but ive still got it for my N64 so im still good if i can find someone to play with, lol, not many people appreciate good classic games

Yea theres no way Nintendo would have left Microsoft have it. If anything Nintendo would want to put it out as a VC game for the Wii, and take all the earnings.

Nintendo do own something of it, but Rare made it, and Rare are owned by Microsoft. There's also the additional problem of the Bond license being owned by somebody other than who owned it when Goldeneye was first released.

It would be nice to see on either console in all honesty, but I just don't think it'll happen.

Nintendo do own something of it, but Rare made it, and Rare are owned by Microsoft. There's also the additional problem of the Bond license being owned by somebody other than who owned it when Goldeneye was first released.

It would be nice to see on either console in all honesty, but I just don't think it'll happen.

i was really looking forward to this game but o well i will just get Rez HD and be happy :D

goldeneye is still awesome game i still play it!

Well if this didn't happen that means there's NO CHANCE of killer instinct ever happening...

EA owned it then sold it to Activision in 2006 and yeah looks like we can kiss goodbye to 1 of my all time fav fighting games.

"dusts off his n64 and 007 he got off ebayt for $30 last year"

:)

any one know what happened to the 007 project that was going to work on the source engine?

Back