• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: DVD player pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Th3 F4ll3n P1mp

Disabled
Heres what I got so far. Will post comments on pics laterz.

PC that will be modded and put into dvd player.
10dvd6a.jpg

More of my work area.
dywt9i.jpg

Taking DVD player apart.
iemkbo.jpg

Whats that?! Looks like a DVD...OH I THOUGHT I LOST THAT MOVIE!
2ugcduv.jpg

Almost done taking DVD player apart.
r22h44.jpg

Test fitting some parts.
mr8tbs.jpg

Doesnt fit too well...lets try to bend stuff out of the way.
9ibygl.jpg

More bending. Now it even holds the mobo tray!!!
2q1e6wg.jpg

Now refitting the mobo tray...
imjmtt.jpg

Barely enough room for the psu, and it wont have good exhaust...gotta try to build something to hold it but outside of the case...
20k5h1t.jpg

Last edited:
Lolz, thats what jamesxp told me on msn 2 minz ago. Ill upload the rest on photobucket. Any comments on the rig? Ill do the painting tonight. I wanna put an alienware head on it just for the hell of it lolz.

15 e-cookies to whoever resizes all of there pictures to about 1280x1024 or something close.

Do it yourself?:rolleyes: Anyway, If you correctly rewire all the buttons (as I started with my VCR PC) then this could be a nice mod.

Cool, can you pm me a few of your pics so I can get an idea of what yours looked like? Anyways, im expecting this to be a really nice mod.

You basically take apart a keyboard, follow the traces to the keyboard's PCB then solder leads to the appropirate contacts. Then you solder these to the VCR's PCB (on the buttons) and now "Play" can be mapped to "p" and FF mapped to "f", etc

Oh. Good idea. I was thinking of just the pc inside the case and hooking it up to tv via s-video and have a wireless keyboard and mouse to navigate.

Well heres a small update. I got some of it painted last night and ran out of paint. I also cant turn on pc because i lost part of my heatsink. Propz to uberwoot for being nice enough to send me the part all the way from michigan to miami beach.

Im guessing htpc?

Did you set the dvd drive to come out of the slot of the dvd player? if you did thats awesome.

Im trying to do that atm. Idk how I can because the heatsink doesnt let me. Ill keep on trying, cuz that will be balling.

Out of curiosity why are you installing a DVD player into a PC?

You realize you can ge a DVD player for like 10 bucks that fits the PC with no work right?

:confused: Because case modding is fun. I don't think he is re using the drive (but if he is, awesome!) the point is that he is putting a PC into a DVD player case. Like a home made HTPC case almost.

Back