• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e2160 overclocking question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rodiak

Hey guys... I am new here and a complete newbie in overclocking... Just thought you should know that ;)

Anyway, I got an Asrock ConRoe 1333-D667 R1.0 motherboard with an intel Dual Core e2160 cpu. If I've heard and read correctly, this processor has a great overclocking potential, so I tried to overclock it using BIOS settings. However, I can't seem to milk more than 2.16 GHz out of it... Whenever I set the CPU frequency above 240 (x9) my PC won't POST and will reatart itself a couple of times before letting me go into BIOS again.

I currently have 1gig of DDR2-667 RAM but I am getting the second gig in a few days. I tried setting the DRAM Frequency to 533 but it didn't help... You cannot play with the voltage settings with this thing and I don't really want to.

If anybody has any suggestions I'd love to read them. Here are images of the BIOS in case you'd like to check them: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/512/3/

I know this board isn't supposed to do miracles but I don't want to reach 3.0 GHz with this CPU... 2.6GHz will be more than enough for me.

I am using stock cooling by the way but I do have 3 additional case fans. My CPU runs @ 29 - 31 degress idle and 39 - 41degrees under load (video encoding).

Thanks for any helpers.

I had that board, it dosent oc well at all. you need more volts to go higher it looks like.

I'm no expert but his board supports 1333, so why would he have to oc it?

Make sure your RAM:FSB ratio is locked in at 1:1 before you start raising the FSB.

My e2160 went all the way up to 2.7 without changing any voltage.

Back