• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

B3 on newegg!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not bad, but still to high. For AMD, a little to late. AMT In my eyes, the Core 2 8400 is by far the best bang for your buck:)

Ugh, I want to upgrade these fx-72's in my L1N64. . .octo core is the only thing that can satisfy me temporarily :) Anyone know the roadmap for 1207 (Socket F)? They could either release it as a FX processor for that socket or Opteron.

Ugh, I want to upgrade these fx-72's in my L1N64. . .octo core is the only thing that can satisfy me temporarily :) Anyone know the roadmap for 1207 (Socket F)? They could either release it as a FX processor for that socket or Opteron.
You should be able to run a pair of Barcs in that thing!

Yeah, I should probably add that I'm a college student, those Barc's are way too pricey for me ATM, compared to their performance anyways (maybe they OC well? I have watercooling...). In any case, I think I'll wait a stepping or two before I shell out a grand for processors (that'll give me time to figure out where the money will come from). Glad to see them pumping them out though.

Yeah, I should probably add that I'm a college student, those Barc's are way too pricey for me ATM, compared to their performance anyways (maybe they OC well? I have watercooling...). In any case, I think I'll wait a stepping or two before I shell out a grand for processors (that'll give me time to figure out where the money will come from). Glad to see them pumping them out though.

Yeah, I noticed that they are a bit pricey. I think the best hope for using them is if the 2350s end up OCing well.

However I think it just might be cheaper to grab a 9850 and a mobo instead of paying for 2 of the 2350s (you could even get one of the better 790FX boards and it would come out about equal).

I am hoping for a board that supports SLI soon but if it takes too long I may end up just going single card and grab either a M2R, M3A32 or DS5 (not really sure which at this point).

What would I be looking for so I get a B3 Phenom is there a code on the chip thats just says B3 or something I went into my local PC shop asking about a Phenom and building a set-up.

He said they just ran out and I was like "oh will you be getting the new B3 stepping chips then" he was like "have they changed it already" I then told him about the Lv3 erreta problem and it only occurs if you OC it.

He thanked me for the info and said he will make sure he gets the B3's in as he has a few local customers who OC the hell out of AMD chips.

But I would like to know how to confirm a B3 chip?

Also, on the chip itself the product number will end in GD instead of GH.

Question, are the new Barcs the Opti version of the Phenom the way the old Denmark's were the Opti version of the X2's?

Cheers! :beer:

R7

Also, on the chip itself the product number will end in GD instead of GH.

Question, are the new Barcs the Opti version of the Phenom the way the old Denmark's were the Opti version of the X2's?

R7

Well so far the Barcs are Socket F (1207) while as we all know the Phenoms are AM2+ (940).

Also the Phenoms have an HTT of 3600/4000 while the Barcs have an HTT of 1000.

As to any real differences other then that, I have no idea.

Thanks, Yahira. I'm just getting back into the swing of things and AMD has a lot of new cores. I didn't realize the difference in socket. The old Denmarks and X2's were interchangeable.

R7

The Barcs on the Egg end in GH, the date code is 0809. Were they the last B2s or fresh batch or B3s? R7 did you mean that the new letters will be GH where the old were GD?
As for the socket AM2+ Opti, I think AMD will wait for 45nm but I've been proven wrong before with AMD dropping a surprise or bomb.

Back