• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video card worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

super2007

well i have a xfx 8800 gts 320 mb card which i bought September 07, the card works great never had any issues, its the superoverclock edition.

i am thinking to update it with something new or wait for new 1's

i know someone who is willing to buy it and he said its worth $150. what you guys think?

i am not selling my card here or anything like that, please please dont take me wrong..i know the rulez i just want to know if its worth the deal or not.

I bought a new one for 90 shipped about a month ago. If you found someone wanting to pay 150 you should jump on it.

It wasn't an xfx tho

Considering you can get a G92 version for that much after rebate and a 9600GT for $130 after rebate I can't see it being worth more than $100, ebay seems to agree.

wow card is still good but the price $90 for new 1 wow...prices go down waay to fast..

but thx guys for giving me the price...

i think i might sell it to him via ebay to make it secure..

wow card is still good but the price $90 for new 1 wow...prices go down waay to fast..

but thx guys for giving me the price...

i think i might sell it to him via ebay to make it secure..

How did you find this person? In my experience, when people offer more than something is worth, they are up to no good. Ebay isn't any guarantee..

i dont no man, i am so confused, i was playing call of duty 4 and he was like man my video card sux. and i need a new one..can someone recommend me? so i said i got this 8800 gts card u want it..and he was like ya how much..so then i added him on my msn. and we started talking about how much and stuff..

we have not decided how to finish the deal..i said ebay so paypal would be good option..but i might ask him to send me a moneyorder once i get it then i will send the card.

i dont no i really want to get rid of my card its old and kind of slow compare to new ones..

i am so lost, if i should trust him or not

i dont no man, i am so confused, i was playing call of duty 4 and he was like man my video card sux. and i need a new one..can someone recommend me? so i said i got this 8800 gts card u want it..and he was like ya how much..so then i added him on my msn. and we started talking about how much and stuff..

we have not decided how to finish the deal..i said ebay so paypal would be good option..but i might ask him to send me a moneyorder once i get it then i will send the card.

i dont no i really want to get rid of my card its old and kind of slow compare to new ones..

i am so lost, if i should trust him or not

Are you 100% sure he understands it's just the 320 meg version?

yes i told him many times..i even showed him the newegg link, from the link i bought mine, i dont no how can someone be so stupid..he is just happy that i am selling so cheap,
it makes me not trust him..or sometimes do..i am so confused | if he sends me a money order i am good

yes i told him many times..i even showed him the newegg link, from the link i bought mine, i dont no how can someone be so stupid..he is just happy that i am selling so cheap,
it makes me not trust him..or sometimes do..i am so confused | if he sends me a money order i am good

If he sends you a money order, don't ship until your bank confirms that it's real. A lot of these guys who want to buy something for more than it's worth will even send you a MO for MORE than the asking price, and ask you to send them 'change' .. By the time the bank calls and says it was fake, they not only have your item, they have some of your money.

alright i am gana settle on the money order and wait but if i go on ebay, isn't that more secure since i can write about it, like on the bid i can write the exact model/price etc etc..? or what

what you guys think its secure?

just do a USPS money order and cash it at the post office when you go to ship. That will tell your right then and there if it is real or not.

Do not bother with ebay. That is just wasting money for no benefit. Even if you are scammed the chances of ebay doing anything to help aren't very great.

dammit i got him..first the whole time he was in usa..all the sudden he is in chile...wow i am glad i am out...i knew it all along something is up..stupid ppl..

but i thank you guys..

Back