• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is wrong with my watercooling???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elluzion

i am cooling a Q6600,

i have a dtek fuzion v1 with accelerator kit (6.5mm nozzle)

i have done a few reseats with AS5, and keep getting temps that are 10c difference between one of the cores.

ex: 59c 54c 50c 53c

i am getting temps like this,

what am i doing wrong????

My friend, you're using the wrong nozzle. Use the Quad nozzle (the one that is split in the middle)

Another thing to remember is AS5 needs time to cure and settle in like a burn in period.

I just swapped my blocks from the Storm to the V1 as well, and instead of my temps dropping, they gone up lik 2-3c idle and like5-7c loaded :mad:

I just think since I don't have a res, I may have some air still trapped in the res. I keep werkin it so they'll come out. So far after 3 hours of bleeding my temps have dropped like 3c so far.

Did you lap your quad ? Ive got mine lapped got a nice shiny copper top but I will still see a temp difference between cores. I have seen 5-6° difference between cores. But like Nebulous says I would get the qaud insert.

Err.... i used all my color/algecide mix stuff, cost me $10. i don't really wanna take my watercooling block apart because i would have to leak the whole thing out. its messy for me lol.

their is no way to change the insert without getting water everywhere is their?

and no i haven't lapped my processor OR my water block. is it worth it?

some chips are just like that. i get about 8c betwen certain cores.

unless you had this chip before and there was no delta before...

i would only lap the cpu, and yes it is. i saw a 4C drop if i remember.
just go to what ever is your highest barb in the loop and then take the tube off and drain it into a container and you can reuse it.

i am cooling a Q6600,

i have done a few reseats with AS5, and keep getting temps that are 10c difference between one of the cores.

As Neb stated, give the as5 time to break in, if those temps are load temps live with them until you can get what you need to redo your water loop. Those temps are fine for 24/7 use.

Yup.. those are fine but not probably optimal.. what rad/pump are you using btw? and is there anything else in the loop?

I would recommend lapping.. flatter=better :D

Yup.. those are fine but not probably optimal.. what rad/pump are you using btw? and is there anything else in the loop?

I would recommend lapping.. flatter=better :D

rad is swiftech 3 x 120

and pump i mcp665 whatever its called

i have an idea, for the block, i am just going to pinch off where the water block is so i lose minimal water :D

i will "think" about lapping. under load though my pc does 60-70c, at 3.6ghz or so. but 24/7 i am not under load, and that is MAX load, so even if i hit 75c primed i am not worried

Can't you just get a plastic bucket or large bin of some sort, disconnect the lowest part of the loop and drain the mix in there? You don't have to lose the liquid, just drain it in something. Then take the block off, open it up and insert the Quad insert. Close the block up, make sure it's tight, mount the sucker back, besure all the lines are secure, clmaps tight and reuse the liquid you just drained into the bucker/bin.

You do know this is going to be a regular thing draining and flushing out the system?

I had to do this 3x already and i think maybe I lost a drop or 2.

Can't you just get a plastic bucket or large bin of some sort, disconnect the lowest part of the loop and drain the mix in there? You don't have to lose the liquid, just drain it in something. Then take the block off, open it up and insert the Quad insert. Close the block up, make sure it's tight, mount the sucker back, besure all the lines are secure, clmaps tight and reuse the liquid you just drained into the bucker/bin.

You do know this is going to be a regular thing draining and flushing out the system?

I had to do this 3x already and i think maybe I lost a drop or 2.

well im just scared from my last attempt. it was pretty bad., made a mess everywhere. i will have to find a new method....

I bought 2 pair of pinch off tool to use just for this purpose. get 2 pair clamp one on each line going to block, disconnect hoses carefully do the job put hoses back on remove clamps remount block. Add the little water you will lose and good to go. I wrap a big towel over area I will be working in, you will get some water drops so just be careful. You may be able to find these at napa auto also.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_1...+tool&gobutton.x=0&gobutton.y=0&gobutton=find

I bought 2 pair of pinch off tool to use just for this purpose. get 2 pair clamp one on each line going to block, disconnect hoses carefully do the job put hoses back on remove clamps remount block. Add the little water you will lose and good to go. I wrap a big towel over area I will be working in, you will get some water drops so just be careful. You may be able to find these at napa auto also.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_1...+tool&gobutton.x=0&gobutton.y=0&gobutton=find

thanks for the link. yeah the pinch off method seems better than letting watetr out of the WHole loop ya know. those inch off tools r expensive :(

i am cooling a Q6600,

Because the contact between block and cpu is not even. 1 or 2 corners are tighter than the others.

Lapping can be done without draining your loop. I wouldn't hesitate lapping a $200 CPU. It's not as scary as it sounds.

Have you had this CPU running for a little before? Make sure it is ok. Run all the diagnostic/stability tests you can. Lapping will void the warranty (obviously).

Can be sure though if this will solve your problem.

I have the Pro mount on my Fuzion and it is great. The only thing I don't like about it is the backplate. I would rather a TR backplate instead because on the 4 screw holes it has raised metal projections that are threaded and give a little more thread area and stay in place better when you don't remove the paper off of the sticky rubber on the backplate. But it makes it dead easy to get a consistant mount every time.

I have the Pro mount on my Fuzion and it is great. The only thing I don't like about it is the backplate. I would rather a TR backplate instead because on the 4 screw holes it has raised metal projections that are threaded and give a little more thread area and stay in place better when you don't remove the paper off of the sticky rubber on the backplate. But it makes it dead easy to get a consistant mount every time.

the quick mount seems even easier though. idk

Back