• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is wrong with my watercooling???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
how does it get an equal ammount of pressure if you are screwing it in?

Springs act as spacers and will prevent you from going too far, thus you get an equal amount pf pressure on all 4 corners ;)

I vote Pro Mount as well. I'll be getting one to rid myself of the stock mount. Stay away from the "easy" clip mount.

Springs act as spacers and will prevent you from going too far, thus you get an equal amount pf pressure on all 4 corners ;)

I vote Pro Mount as well. I'll be getting one to rid myself of the stock mount. Stay away from the "easy" clip mount.

aight pro mount it is. so the screws STOP turning when it is enough pressure and equal on all 4? cool beans.

you can't buy pro mount ANYWHERE> i looked everywhere , not even dtek will sell it! ugggg,

UPDATE: i just installed the quad piece for the dtek fuzion v1!

guess what, 12c between cores!! (on load) this is rediculous. could it be the cpu??? AHH

Temps>

Core 0: 73c
Core 1: 59c
Core 2: 58c
Core 3: 71c

now core 0 and core 1 are 15c apart! wtf

WTF, can someone help describe why this is happening. it can't be the mounting, my other cpu never had this, and i am using the same thermal paste, etc,.

Are those load temps? :confused:

YES ..

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT.

at one poijnt, i could hear my water block like hissing, i think their are air bubbles in the water block, because sometimes their is a point where the hissing goes down and temps get closer to each other.

1 minute the temps were 75 62 63 72

next they were 63 61 60 61

i think i have to do some case tilting to try and get bubles out, what you guys think.. this could be the problem!!!!!!!! all along!!

lol, yup. If you hear like some sort of rattling or hissing, then yes you have air trapped in the rad. Tilting and tapping the rad while it's tilted will get the bubbles out. I'm still bleeding my rad since about 3 days ago. So far I still have a tiny bit of trapped air, but it's comming out :)

I bought 2 pair of pinch off tool to use just for this purpose. get 2 pair clamp one on each line going to block, disconnect hoses carefully do the job put hoses back on remove clamps remount block. Add the little water you will lose and good to go. I wrap a big towel over area I will be working in, you will get some water drops so just be careful. You may be able to find these at napa auto also.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_1...+tool&gobutton.x=0&gobutton.y=0&gobutton=find

Man those are sweet...can always use a tool like that! <runs off to napa>

It is not the cpu. That cpu ran on air at 3.6 with 1.4v under full load and did not get into the 70c range. Something in your setup is wrong. When you installed block back in system did you tilt it different ways to bleed air out of pockets? Are you positive you put Quad nozzle in correctly? Double check everything to be sure. Do you know how to run pump without system running by shorting 2 pins on the 24 pin connector?

It is not the cpu. That cpu ran on air at 3.6 with 1.4v under full load and did not get into the 70c range. Something in your setup is wrong. When you installed block back in system did you tilt it different ways to bleed air out of pockets? Are you positive you put Quad nozzle in correctly? Double check everything to be sure. Do you know how to run pump without system running by shorting 2 pins on the 24 pin connector?

yes i know for sure its not the cpu, i meant the cpu block. its air bubbles, i am pretty sure. no i haven't bled it but tonight i am going to do some extreme rig bleeding.

I have a 12v thing i connect straight up to my watercooling, i dont need to short my mobo. Thanks though.

the quad nozzle is confirmed in correctly. its air bubbles, somewhere in the block, most likely in the rad.

ok guys. so i as i said earlier i replaced inside insert with the Quad nozzle. then i re-bled my system for a while and let it run a long time to get ALL the bubles out. Now comes the testing. I hoooked it all up, and guess what

Core 0: 75c! wtf
Core 1: 59
Core 2: 57
Core 3: 73

I still don't understand!!!! i like core 1 and 2, that seems about right , but whats up with core 0 and 3??!?!?!

i thought it was bubbles but i did my best job bleeding my system of bubbles and its still doing it. uggg!!!! now core 0 is 77c and core 1 is 60!!! omg

(THESE TEMPS ARE ON LOAD 3.6GHZ)

OK THIS IS WEIRD< please read

when i put my pc on load (with prime) i can hear the waterblock immediately start hissing a lot, its like the sound changes, why is this? is this why temps are outrageous????

Tell me again what water gear you have? Pump, Rad, Res?

Fans: 3 Pulling air Out of the case
Pump: Swiftech MCP655-B™ 12 VDC Pump Without speed controller
Radiator: Swiftech MCR320-QP-K Triple 120mm Radiator
Block: Dtek Fuzion V1 + Quad Accelerator Nozzle
Res: Swiftech MCRES-Micro
Thermal Paste: Artic Silver 5 (according to directions)

no restriction on any of my tubes, except a little bit on 1 of them.

its just uncanning why the temps are so far apart, i don't understand why/

i know the artic silver hasn't burned in, but, it is usually 2-3c apart, but 15c, is crazy

What does the flow look like coming into the res. Nice easy flow, really good solid flow?

Not to be a **** but have you tried re-mounting it? Back when I de-lidded my Opty 144...it took a few mounts to get that waterblock happy.

What does the flow look like coming into the res. Nice easy flow, really good solid flow?

it looks cood, you can definitely see turbulence in the res.

I have reseated many times and still get the same results.

the flow from the waterblock to the res, is the line that is slightly restricted from the bend.

since it's not a native quad core, actually two dual cores in one package . . . maybe two of your cores just like to run hotter than the other two.

Lap it!

What clocks/volts are you pushing?

Back