• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5.25" Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme Fan Speed Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blazing fire

I've been thinking about purchasing a fan controller. While browsing through Petra's shop, I came across the 5.25" Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme Fan Speed Controller.

Not being familiar in this department, could you advise me in choosing one or assure me that this is the right choice please? Thanks!

:santa:

Edit- I read a reviews saying you need to connect the 3pin CPU to the motherboard as well in order to start it up. Is this true?

Couldnt agree more to what Adragontattoo said.

Been using that Rheo for 5years time now, though i got the older version which you had to screw the cables onto it. But still i have still not regretted the purchase, still haven't killed it i might add :)

Hands down the best fan controller. I went through 3 PWM fan controllers that cause all my fans to buzz when I had them turned down too low. I got the rehobus and haven't looked back, I've been using it for the last 4 years or so.

Love my 4 channel version to death. What sets them apart is the amount of amperage they put out per channel. The 4 channel puts out 20W/1.66A and the 6 channel 30W/2.5A. What that translate into is multiple fans per channel. The 4 channel can run 5 Yate mediums/channel and the 6 can run 8. The resistor mod is by far the best way to deal with the lights, if you want to keep them. It can be found here. It very easy and should only take you 45min or so if you take the controller apart first. It's harder if you don't.

Axis

Great! I will buy that then! Thanks for your prompt and helpful replies!
Edit- I read a reviews saying you need to connect the 3pin CPU to the motherboard as well in order to start it up. Is this true?

Last edited:
Great! I will buy that then! Thanks for your prompt and helpful replies!

Don't know what the reviewer meant but it doesn't connect to your MB in any way. Takes just a 4pin molex connector and it's good to go. It comes on when you power up the computer, just like your HDDs and optical drives. I think the 6 channel version has a couple splitters with it but the 4 channel doesn't. Jab-tech carries those as well.

Axis

So you can just completely unplug the LEDs? I have no desire for them to be there as you can hear how high the fans are on.

Well, they're soldered onto the PCB, but you can de-solder them or cut them. I think there is enough of the LED terminal where it is attached so that they can be cut.

The Sunbeam is nice, I had one for quite some time, It's in the wife's rig now, I just went with this one about a month ago, I like it so far, However I know for a fact that the Sunbeam is durable, We shall see with this one.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/5sckmamufuco.html

wow that one is nice i might have to buy it even though my fans are at 100% all the time lolit just looks awesome

Back