• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e8500 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChinWonder23

So basically, Im lookin to get a few upgrades for my rig, Im hearing a lot of hype about the e8500 when it comes to gaming. Right now, Im using a AMD 4600+, So, Anything right now is a pretty big upgrade.

However, I dont really plan to OC it much, If at all. So my question is, Would I see much difference between the e8500, And the Q9550 when it comes to gaming? Cause the price difference has me leaning towards the 8500 for now. And I havent found any reasonable posts anywhere between the 2, And what I can expect. Im just lookin to bump my FPS up, Starting to get choppy for me. Worth dropping more money down for the 9550, Or Just wasting my money?

Was also wondering what kind of FPS I should see with the e8500, And a 9800 Gx2 1gb video card. and 4 gig of ddr2 ram.

Back